Orchid Growing is Easy!
If you can successfully grow houseplants, you can grow orchids by changing a few habits in terms of watering, potting media, and light. Click on the links below for instructions that will keep your exotic orchid plants growing, blooming, and bringing you pleasure for many, many years to come. After you finish reading below, come back and see our Orchid Videos.
Common Orchid Questions Answered!
- “My new orchid plant just arrived and I’ve never grown one before. I need orchid help!”
- Common orchid mistakes beginners often make, and how to avoid them. Orchid Mistakes to Avoid
- “My orchid has been doing great, but now its roots are coming out of the pot and growing everywhere.” How do you re-pot an orchid?
- “What kinds of orchid pests and diseases do I need to watch out for?” Orchid Plant Pest and Diseases
- “How do I repot my new Phalaenopsis (moth) orchid?” Repotting The Phal Orchid – a Video Demonstration
- “How do I repot my Bulbophyllum (bulbo) orchid in a basket? Repotting a Bulbophyllum Orchid – a Video Demonstration
We urge you to register on our OrchidTalk Orchid Forums and post your questions there. OrchidTalk registration is free, and our members from all over the world will gladly assist you with your orchid growing concerns!
RVO Articles on Orchid Culture!
- Orchid Flowers: How long should they last?
- Orchid Viruses: Cultivate good cultural habits!
- Orchid Labels: How to decipher your orchid’s name tag!
- Orchid Roots: When to Repot your Orchid!
- Home Orchid Repair: Home Care for your Orchids!
- Orchid Fertilizer & Light Levels: How to tell if you are giving your orchids enough fertilizer and light!