Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums


The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!


  •  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"


Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.


YES! I want to register an account for free right now!


Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Casmira in use still?

This is a discussion on Casmira in use still? within the Casmira 3-D Chat: Questions and Round Table forums, part of the Casmira 3-D Chat category; Hi guys! To answer the question about the "under water under ground thing": This happens ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #11
    Brutal_Dreamer's Avatar
    Brutal_Dreamer is online now Dreaming with my eyes open...
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    34,003
    Member's Country Flag
    Recipes
    15

    Default

    Hi guys!

    To answer the question about the "under water under ground thing": This happens when your computer has not downloaded all of the objects yet. Just let it happen and wait a few moments while objects load. Then hit the teleport again and you will be able to see CASMIRA! The objects will stay in your cache and next visit you will not have the same problem.

    Good luck!

    About being a citizen...Go to the second floor of the Main Gate House and push the Red button on the membership desk.

    Cheers!

    BD

  2. #12
    LJA's Avatar
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Clarksville, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,778
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Actually--ahem!

    You need to put in the Altitude coordinate since Casmira isn't flat....




    Here's the list again, with altitudes in place:

    Casmira 15S 22E 4.3A Archon's Torch

    Casmira 26S 46W 4.0A Underground Adventure...the pre-Orchid Hunt game

    Casmira 12N 8E 1.2A Brutal_Dreamer's Paradise

    Casmira 28N 44E 2.4A A cabin

    Casmira 19S 20W 0.2A Crystal Winds Travel / Art Gallery

    Casmira 5S 15W 0.64A Murphy's House

    Casmira 26N 47W 3.3A Orchid Hunt game... Remember to refresh and let it load!

    Casmira 31S 36E 0.15A Lily's House

    Casmira 7N 38E 3.6A Ancient Roman Place / LJA's hangout.

    Casmira 34S 25W 0.61A Mathew-Lee's Casmira Cabin

    Casmira 18N 20E 1.82A Texark's Place





    Wolf, you already pressed the red "immigrate" button at the top left of your screen, so you're an official Casmira citizen, and you can pick a plot of ground and build on it. (Bruce, we took out the red button on the help desk a long time ago, remember?)



    You're not going to remember, are you....

  3. #13
    Brutal_Dreamer's Avatar
    Brutal_Dreamer is online now Dreaming with my eyes open...
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    34,003
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LJA
    Actually--ahem!

    You need to put in the Altitude coordinate since Casmira isn't flat....




    Here's the list again, with altitudes in place:

    Casmira 15S 22E 4.3A Archon's Torch

    Casmira 26S 46W 4.0A Underground Adventure...the pre-Orchid Hunt game

    Casmira 12N 8E 1.2A Brutal_Dreamer's Paradise

    Casmira 28N 44E 2.4A A cabin

    Casmira 19S 20W 0.2A Crystal Winds Travel / Art Gallery

    Casmira 5S 15W 0.64A Murphy's House

    Casmira 26N 47W 3.3A Orchid Hunt game... Remember to refresh and let it load!

    Casmira 31S 36E 0.15A Lily's House

    Casmira 7N 38E 3.6A Ancient Roman Place / LJA's hangout.

    Casmira 34S 25W 0.61A Mathew-Lee's Casmira Cabin

    Casmira 18N 20E 1.82A Texark's Place





    Wolf, you already pressed the red "immigrate" button at the top left of your screen, so you're an official Casmira citizen, and you can pick a plot of ground and build on it. (Bruce, we took out the red button on the help desk a long time ago, remember?)



    You're not going to remember, are you....

    Sorry, I have slept since then. :duh:

    BD

  4. #14
    LJA's Avatar
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Clarksville, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,778
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Not a big deal. I probably changed it and forgot to tell you. It was a while ago...

  5. #15
    Diane's Avatar
    Diane is offline Can't Re-Member
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    6,250
    Member's Country Flag

    Default Charlie

    Am I allowed to bring in a sledgehammer to get Charlie out of the way? Or pitch him out the window? I bang my head into enough walls in REAL life, do you have to make me do it in virtual reality too?? OR maybe what I think is real life is the virtual life and vice versa...........

  6. #16
    LJA's Avatar
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Clarksville, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,778
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Charlie can take a while to figure out; Bruce didn't make him easy....

  7. #17
    Diane's Avatar
    Diane is offline Can't Re-Member
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    6,250
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LJA
    Charlie can take a while to figure out; Bruce didn't make him easy....
    The story of my life - the men ain't easy and the orchids aint cheap!

  8. #18
    WolfinKW's Avatar
    WolfinKW is offline Wolf - I bite but only when asked.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas - - baby!
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsuprock
    The story of my life - the men ain't easy and the orchids aint cheap!
    In my experience neither are cheap. Orchids are easier.

  9. #19
    Brutal_Dreamer's Avatar
    Brutal_Dreamer is online now Dreaming with my eyes open...
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    34,003
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Oh, Diane, you have met Charlie. He is one quick moving guy. If you need a hint, just go back one room and take a look at the high right wall. Once you figure out how to coax him away from his post, he will give you enough time to open the next door. Good luck!

    Cheers!
    BD

  10. #20
    Diane's Avatar
    Diane is offline Can't Re-Member
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    6,250
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutal_Dreamer
    Oh, Diane, you have met Charlie. He is one quick moving guy. If you need a hint, just go back one room and take a look at the high right wall. Once you figure out how to coax him away from his post, he will give you enough time to open the next door. Good luck!

    Cheers!
    BD
    Either I'm slow or dumb. I havaen't made it yet, but then again I haven't given up! Problem is. I'm a bit dislexic and keep turning the wrong way -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OrchidHunt in CASMIRA
    By Brutal_Dreamer in forum Casmira 3-D Chat: Questions and Round Table
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 28th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OrchidTalk --An Orchid Growers Discussion Forum brought to you by River Valley Orchidworks. A World Community where orchid beginners and experts talk about orchids and share tips on their care, cultivation, and propagation.