Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums


The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!


  •  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"


Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.


YES! I want to register an account for free right now!


Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kauaiguy

Something other than Cattleyas ..LOL

This is a discussion on Something other than Cattleyas ..LOL within the Cattleyas, Vandas, Dendrobiums IN BLOOM forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; About 90% of all my orchids are Cattleyas. OF the other 10%, 90% of them ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #1
    Kauaiguy's Avatar
    Kauaiguy is offline Senior Member
    My Grow Area
    Outside 24/7
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas Challenging to grow
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Posts
    228

    Default Something other than Cattleyas ..LOL

    About 90% of all my orchids are Cattleyas. OF the other 10%, 90% of them were either given to me in sad condition or a Keiki that I took from a neighbors yard.

    After one of my neighbors passed away, no one took care of their yard and he had several Vandas, Phals and Dens that were either dead or dying. I manage to salvage some of them and here are two that are finally healthy enough to bloom.

    Please identify if you can because I know they're vandas and dens but I don't have a clue as to their names. MAHALO NUI LOA!

    Name:  IMG_1140.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  136.9 KB

    Name:  IMG_1143.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  78.0 KB

  2. #2
    Chris in Hamilton's Avatar
    Chris in Hamilton is offline Senior Member
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Dendrobium, Cattleya
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    1st one looks like an Oncidium. 2nd is a Den. but

  3. #3
    Traci's Avatar
    Traci is offline Senior Member
    Real Name
    Traci
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phals, Paphs, Vandas and Dracs
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    843
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    They are pretty little things whatever they are.

  4. #4
    78Terp's Avatar
    78Terp is offline An Avant Gardner
    Real Name
    Harvey
    My Grow Area
    Under Lights
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    1-Neo falcata,2-Phal,3-Paph
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Littleton, Colorado
    Posts
    6,036
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    I agree with Chris all the way on this especially the part!

Similar Threads

  1. Cattleyas
    By dshawn in forum New Growers: Ask the Senior Members
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
  2. Cattleyas
    By Roland in forum Cattleyas, Vandas, Dendrobiums IN BLOOM
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
  3. 2 different Cattleyas
    By Ephemera in forum Cattleyas, Vandas, Dendrobiums IN BLOOM
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 10th, 2009, 03:51 AM
  4. New Cattleyas
    By Cjcorner in forum Genus Specific
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 21st, 2007, 05:04 PM
  5. Help with Cattleyas!?!?!
    By websaliba in forum General Orchid Culture
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 18th, 2004, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OrchidTalk --An Orchid Growers Discussion Forum brought to you by River Valley Orchidworks. A World Community where orchid beginners and experts talk about orchids and share tips on their care, cultivation, and propagation.