Anyway, if your theory is correct and it means the moisture level is good, then that's a good thing I guess...I just can't stand looking at those shrooms...they gross me out. I put some gloves on and plucked some of them out of the mix recently and I nearly puked just handling them.
Is bleach a safe thing to water plants with? I've never heard of putting bleach in plant water... what ratio would I use? Would it be the same "9 parts water to 1 part bleach" that I use to disinfect plants when I soak them?
You've really got my curiosity piqued here! I feel like I should really post a picture now... perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. I'll call it "My magic shrooms." *snort*