You got my answer elsewere but I thinkthe information could be of interest here as well.
I have grown on Epiweb® for about 7 years in my orchid cabinet.
My experience from the latest version of Epiweb.
- It is an airy material! That make it dry up very fast in dry conditions.
- It holds suprisingly large amount of water as droplet in the 3D mesh.
- If you have high humidity it dries very slow (Water droplets evaporate slow in high humidity).
- It does not break down.
- UV stable.
- Protect the roots as it is stiff.
- Can be hard to cutwithout proper tools.
- When you would like to divide a plant you just cut the mount into 2. Alot of negative argument against Epiweb® is that you can´t get the roots out when you need to replant/divide. But seriusly, you damage the roots extensivly in any material when you clean them from old degraded substrate. You do not need to do that with Epiweb® as it does not degrade.
- I use fishing line to sew my orchids to the Epiweb®.
- Pieces hook into each other, and mounts can easy be elongated by using melting glue.
But the best is that Epiweb® DOES NOT degrade, you can have it for 10th of years without problem!