1. First find a box that is at least an inch bigger in each dimension than the plant.
2. Better if it is 2 inches.
3. Water the plant 2 days before shipping, or the day before if it is fast drying.
4. get some newspaper or butcher paper, and lay the plant down on the paper with a point of the paper sticking out from under the pot.
5. Fold that point around the bottom of the pot and secure with a small piece of tape.
6. Then "roll" the rest of the paper around the plant and pot. You should end up with a sort of V shaped wrapped plant.
8. Fold the top of the paper down over the top of the plant, making the bend in the paper about 2" above the longest leaf.
10.Place the wrapped plant into the box, and using packing tape secure the package to the box, with the pot end set firmly against the end or side of the box.
11. Add peanuts or crumpled newspaper, etc. to cushion the sides and top of the wrapped plant.
12. Pack firmly.
13. Close up box.
14. Send priority mail or other 2 day service.