Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Potatos and Peas in Rich Cream Sauce within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: New potatos and green peas in a rich bechamel sauce. Wonderful! Love the new ...
Description: New potatos and green peas in a rich bechamel sauce. Wonderful!
Love the new kitchen, guys!Serving Size: 4Time: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2# red new potatos; cut or whole if small; same size pieces
- cold water for boiling
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped green onionPreparation:
- Cream Sauce:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheeseInstructions:
- Place potatoes in sauce pan and cover with water. Add salt and cook over medium heat till fork tender @12 min. Add fresh or frozen peas in last two minutes of cooking.
- While potatoes are cooking make the cream sauce. Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat. stir in flour, salt and pepper to make a light roux. When you have a nice blond roux pour in all the milk and stir constantly. Sauce will thicken, if it starts to bubble, remove from heat and turn down burner.
- Drain potatoes and peas and place in serving dish. Pour the cream sauce over all and garnish with green onion tops. Should serve four.
- To kick this up a notch, add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to the cream sauce.
- Alternate garnishes, chives, a simple grating of nutmeg or crumbled bacon bits
- Recipe from BayouTider on Tidefans.com Grillin' and Chillin' forum
Sounds good, I LOVE red potatoes. And why do they call them new? The only new potatoes are baby potatoes...
Yummmm.......Call me when it is time for supper lolol .. I will pass on the gater tho gin
sounds wonderful! YUMMMMM