Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on oven-roasted Mojito chicken within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; ...
Description: A delicious and easy main dish..Cuban recipe
Good served with riceServing Size: 4 - 6Time: 4 hours marinate, 1 hr 15 min cooking timeDifficulty: Easy
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Mojito Marinade
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- Wedges of limePreparation:Instructions:
- Spread the chicken out in a baking dish, and pour the Mojito Marinade over it. Get personal with the pieces and rub some of the marinade right up under the skin. Marinate the chicken for 4 hours, or overnight, in the fridge. I tend to use freezer bags for marinating.
- Turn the oven on to 375°. Scatter the onion slices over the bottom of a roasting pan, and put the chicken on top, skin side up. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and onions, and pop the pan into the oven. Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, til the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Lift the chicken pieces out of the pan and arrange them on a platter. Stir up the pan juices, adding a bit of fresh Mojito Marinade (if you have it) to wake up the flavors. Spoon the onions and pan juices over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and garnish the dish with lime wedges. Get everybody to squeeze some lime over their portion for added flavor.
- Serve with rice.
Sounds good. Do you have a recipe for the marinade or do use a commercial??
Yum, this does sound good. Thanks!