Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on cranberry-apple sauce within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: Something easy to throw in the slow cooker/crockpot. Good hot or cold, IMO. The ...
Description: Something easy to throw in the slow cooker/crockpot. Good hot or cold, IMO. The majority of the time for this recipe is cooking time.
Goes well with pork. I even use it as a fruit topping for pancakes & waffles. Mix it with plain yogurt (regular or fat free) for yogurt with less sugar than typical store bought varieties.
1. For sweeter sauce simply add more sugar.
2. For runnier applesauce add more water.Serving Size: 4-6Time: 3.5-4 hrsDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries
- 3 large tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup waterPreparation:
- Rinse cranberries.
- Peel apples (optional -- I generally don't)
- Slice apples in to thin wedges about 1/2 inch/1 cm thick
- Cut wedges in half width-wiseInstructions:
- Lightly spray inside of slow cooker with oil (might not be necessary but I hate when stuff sticks)
- Put a thin layer of cranberries on the bottom and cover with a layer of apple.
- Lightly dust the apple layer with cinnamon and sprinkle liberally with sugar.
- Repeat steps #2 & 3 until all fruit is used up
- Pour remaining sugar over the top
- Pour water over the top.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-3.5 hours or on Low 7-8 hours. (I usually stir it up once about 1/2 way through the cooking time if I happen to think about it)
- Stir before serving.
Last edited by pavel; February 8th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
This sounds yummy. I love cranberries and mixed with apples sounds just delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Paul.