Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Tomato Eggdrop Soup within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is my summer favorite. Grandma used to cook this for me EVERYDAY. Since ...
Description: This is my summer favorite. Grandma used to cook this for me EVERYDAY. Since I don't ever measure things, you might have to try a couple of times to get desired thickness.Time: ~10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large tomatoes (has to be juicy kind, garden grown preferred);
- 1 egg, use 2 if egg is your favorite;
- 1 green onion including both white and green part, chopped;
- 2-3 cups water;
- oil (canola or vegetable);
- cut tomato to chunky pieces, but don't need to be fine chopped; put both tomato and sauce to a bowl;
- cut green onion to 1/4";Instructions:
- heat up a wok or a medium sized sauce pan, 1 minutes;
- add 1-2 tbsp oil, heat up the oil, .5 minute;
- add in chopped green onions, you can save a little green part for later. Sizzle the green onion briefly, but DON'T let it burn;
- add in tomatoes, then salt, stir and cook it to sauce like;
- add water, bring to boil;
- turn off the heat;
- drizzle in the egg;
- sprinkle the saved green onion, and serve.
I am so glad you posted this. I saw you mentioned it in another thread today. Cool. Thanks!