Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on chicken Kievs within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is a fiddly recipe but tastes so good it is definately worth the ...
Description: This is a fiddly recipe but tastes so good it is definately worth the time and effort compared to the store bought processed chicken kievs. Once you master the basic Idea you can adjust the filling to anything you like the secret is getting the pocket in the chicken breast right.Serving Size: serves 2Time: 1hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 chicken breasts
- about 100gm butter?
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Parsley if you have it
- bread crumbs
- 1 beaten eggPreparation:
- first off make your bread crumbs I usually use brown/wholemeal bread and removed the crusts and blitz in a food processor untill you have crumbs then bake in the oven till golden and dried. set aside to cool
- Make up your garlic butter again I use a food processor usually my mini one and put in enough butter that you can put inside the two chicken breasts without it being too much for this recipe I do not weigh anything, add chopped fresh garlic to taste, if you make too much butter you can freeze it and use for garlic bread or your next batch of kievs.Instructions:
- Slit the chicken brests so that you make a pocket in the middle of them, be sure not to cut right through or the butter will not stay in the middle of them.
- put half the garlic butter inside each chicken breast and stretch the chicken over the top and seal with a little beaten egg.
- coat the chicken in beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumbs I usually do this a side at a time so as not to be too messy ttry to ensure that the whole breast is covered in breadcrumbs. repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Place both chicken breasts onto a baking tray and cook at gas mark 6 for 25 -30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and potato of you choice.