Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Mexican Salad (Black Bean Salad-Dip) within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is a taste dip to be served with scoop tortilla chips. Serving Size: ...
Description: This is a taste dip to be served with scoop tortilla chips.Serving Size: 2 Qt. Serving BowlTime: 1/2 hour prep workDifficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp minced Garlic or 2 tsp Fresh Garlic
- 3 cups Raw or Cooked Corn kernels(1 1/2 cans)
- 1 can(15 oz) Black Beans rinsed
- 3 ripe Tomatoes small diced
- 1 each Green & Red Peppers small diced
- Full 1/3 cup Cilantro(chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepperPreparation:
- Dice peppers,tomatoes,chop cilantro,peal and mince fresh garlic.Drain canned corn and can of Black Beans.Squeeze two limes to get 4 Tbsp of juice.Instructions:
- (1) Dressing: Mix olive oil,lime juice,garlic,salt and pepper in a 2-Qt. Serving Bowl.
- (2) Add remaing ingredients,toss gently to mix and coat.
- I prefer to let the mixture set for a hour for the flavors to blend.You can adjust to taste by adding more lime juice or extra garlic & extra cilantro.If you wish to kick it up up a notch,add a small amount of fresh diced Jalapeno.
- Serve with scoop tortilla chips
Last edited by rich63; August 6th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
Black Bean Salad-Dip!! Yummy! This looks like something I NEED now. lol. I love just about any food that is 'Mexican'. Thanks Rich!!