Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Plum Cake within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This was a recipe shared with me by a member of my OS many ...
Description: This was a recipe shared with me by a member of my OS many years ago...It is easy and deliciousServing Size: 10-12Difficulty: Easy
- 12-14 Italian Prune Plums
- 1/2 c. soft butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugarPreparation:
- half and stone plums
- I use a spring panInstructions:
- Cream butter with sugar until smoothly blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and flour until batter is well mixed. Butter and flour an 11 inch round shallow spring pan.. Spread batter evenly in pan
- Arrange fruit over the surface with cut side down. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake feels firm when touched in the center.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove pan rim.
- I allow cake to reach room temp and about 1/2 hour before serving I dust top with powdered sugar. The sugar will dissolve on plums ans leave a pattern on cake.
I like plums, but have never had plum cake. Thanks, Ron!