Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Tomatos, crock pot catsup within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: crock pot catsup Time: hours unattended Difficulty: Easy Ingredients: ten pounds ripe tomatos 1 ...
Description: crock pot catsupTime: hours unattendedDifficulty: Easy
- ten pounds ripe tomatos
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 11/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion
- 1tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp celery seedPreparation:
- peel and seed tomatos, then sieve or run the pulp through a food processor.
- Dice onion (small dice)Instructions:
- Pour pulped tomato and onion into a crock pot set to low. Do not put the lid on tight. Leave it ajar or place a large spoon handle between the crock and the lid to allow steam to escape. Let this cook down overnight or 10 to 12 hours. Next day add all the rest of the ingrediants and allow to cook down to the thickness you desire for catsup. Makes roughly 5 or 6 pints.
I have never had home made catsup. How cool that you make catsup. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It doesn't really seem that hard to make.