Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Caramel Dumplings-a family favorite within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is a lovely end to a nice asian style dinner, or simply as ...
Description: This is a lovely end to a nice asian style dinner, or simply as a snack.
(you may want to double or triple the recipe)Serving Size: as many as you like!Time: 1/2 hrDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 50gm butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/2 cup sugarPreparation:
- Rub the butter with all the dry ingredients. Add milk. This forms the dumpling batter.
- Put the water, golden syrup, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.Instructions:
- When the syrup is boiling, bring down to a simmer, and start adding the batter. The easiest way to get nice, little dumplings is to use 2 teaspoons, and "juggle" the piece of batter to form a nice, well rounded dumpling.
- Add the dumplings to the syrup and leave for about 10 minutes. Then take out the dumplings and keep adding new ones to the syrup to cook till you have no batter left. Pour the syrup over the dumplings in a bowl and enjoy!
these are yummmmmmmmmmmmm.I made them for dessert one night for my son and I - between us we ate the entire above recipe between us,doubled it last time - we still ate the lot
lol nice murray-i made them for dessert one night, but my brother had toddled of to bed and mum doesnt like anything to do with cake-unless its from akaroa-so my dad and i ate them. Dad had only 4 or 5 and i had the rest!
I was like this all night
Akaroa - I know it well.We used have have a holiday house there -227 Beach Rd and I used to do a lot of fishing for Red Cod off the end of the main wharf (only when the orange light was operational )at night.I am sorry to see that the War memorial there has been badly damage in the quakes as well
Akaroa memorial hit by Christchurch quake - Earthquakes - NZ Herald News
oh well, these things happen i guess....
ive never been to the south island, the wahini memorial site is the closest ive ever been, but mum was down there 2 weeks before the earthquake struck. Her and anty debs went to akaroa for a look and came across the 'L'escargo Rouge" cafe, and that changed mums hatred of cakes....she still refuses to eat cakes from anywhere else...
OMG! i just read the waikato times for today, and learnt something......