Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Applesauce from Scratch within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This tastes more like apple pie than your traditional applesauce and makes a yummy ...
Description: This tastes more like apple pie than your traditional applesauce and makes a yummy topping for ice cream when served still warm.Serving Size: 4 servingsTime: 20 min's Prep. TimeDifficulty: Easy
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Pie Spice
- Lemon JuicePreparation:
- You will need 4 apples, I prefer Pink Lady apples or Macintosh for this recipe.
- 3/4 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Apple pie spice
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1-2 Tbsp. Brown SugarInstructions:
- Peel, core and dice up the apples. I diced the pieces smaller so they would cook faster. Mix everything together in a slow cooker. Cook on High for 3-4 hours. When the apples are soft enough to mash like mashed potatoes they are done. Use a fork, or potato masher to finish the job.
- You can cook this on the stove, cook on medium for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft. Cool and mash as above.
Sounds yummy! Thanks Connie!
OH YEA! This is wonderful! I like it a bit chunky. YUMM