Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on Lentil Soup (basic) within the The 'NEW' Kitchen - off the Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the The Outback Terrace Bar category; Description: This is a very simple, VERY basic soup. Modifications are almost endless and, if ...
Description: This is a very simple, VERY basic soup. Modifications are almost endless and, if anyone is interested, variants can be posted later.
As with so many of the things I make, this one is great for slow cookers (crockpots).Serving Size: 4Time: prep time 10 min, cook time 6-8 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1C lentils
- 3C water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion
- 1 large baked potato or equivalent amount of mashed potato or 1.5 C cooked ricePreparation:
- Sort lentils removing any dirt, stones, or discolored lentils.
- Dice onion
- Mash or cube (small) the baked potato (I prefer to mash it)Instructions:
- Put diced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add lentils, water, and seasoning.
- Top with potato.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. I like to stir it occasionally but it's not essential to do so.
I don't believe I have ever tried this before. I have had lentils before, but not sure how they were cooked or flavored. Thanks for posting this, Paul!
YUM! LOVE lentil soup. Love lentils period!