Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

  •  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

my windowsill

This is a discussion on my windowsill within the OrchidTalk Members Grow Area - Photos forums, part of the Orchid Culture category; Well, you're sure lucky to have such nice blooming orchids. GH will probably come for ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #11
    brit6v's Avatar
    brit6v is offline Senior Member
    Real Name
    My Grow Area
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Member's Country Flag

    Default muis

    Well, you're sure lucky to have such nice blooming orchids. GH will probably come for you one day. My husband said yesterday that maybe I should think about just staying a windowsill grower (was just kidding).....because my plants inside the house on my windowsills look healthier than in my grow room (just getting it organized my orchids wish I would hurry!

    Lovin yours,

    Quote Originally Posted by muis01 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm not that lucky to have a greenhouse... when I see all your pictures I am drooling! But maybe, sometime when I have a little more time (I am mostly changing diapers right now with my 2 small kids) and when I have saved enough money, I will have one!

    Until then, my orchids are being pampered in my house (or just outside in summer) I changed the growing medium of most of them and I am trhilled to see that they are doing great!
    About 75% of my orchids are Phal species (mariae, lueddemania, amboinensis, lindenii, violacea, bastianii,....) and hybrids. The other 25% are Cattleya hybrids and miniature orchids. At this moment I have a Sophronitis cernua with 3 spikes and 2 of them are developing flower buds and a Nageliella purpurea with a flower bud.

    Well, that's is! It cannot be compared to what most of you all have, but I enjoy my orchids and take care of them every day.


  2. #12
    mohi's Avatar
    mohi is offline Senior Member
    Real Name
    Mohsen Arooni
    My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    All of them
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Iran, Tehran
    Member's Country Flag


    Look at all that active chlorophyl!... Those plants definately oxygen-ize your house!... I'm thinking about a greenhouse too... on the roof maybe... Good luck...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Windowsill Orchids anyone? Help !
    By Alan in forum General Orchid Culture
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 13th, 2009, 07:17 PM
  2. Windowsill Growing
    By Serenity in forum New Growers: Ask the Senior Members
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
  3. Sept warning for windowsill growers
    By Mehera in forum New Growers: Ask the Senior Members
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 28th, 2007, 01:05 PM
  4. Growing Under Lights and Windowsill
    By Linda3406 in forum New Growers: Ask the Senior Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
OrchidTalk --An Orchid Growers Discussion Forum brought to you by River Valley Orchidworks. A World Community where orchid beginners and experts talk about orchids and share tips on their care, cultivation, and propagation.