Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums
The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!
OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"
Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.
Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.
This is a discussion on You are an orchid addict if... within the The Outback Terrace Bar forums, part of the Land Plants category; Originally Posted by Cjcorner You might be an orchid addict...if you go looking at new ...
she looked at me and said Suuure rather sarcasticly so i got all upset and went to look for myself lol
even if there was no room for my orchids, greenhouse or not, i would soon make some room in my brothers bedroom!
Non-addicts just don't understand our priorities.
Your an orchid addict if:
1. Your driving around and instead of looking at the road your looking at the neighborhood
and trying to see if they grow any orchids. If you happen to see some houses with orchids
you then try to compare what you have with them, all this happens while your driving.
2. Your running out of space, but still cant resist the urge to get more. As a result
you end up buying a few driftwoods to mount them orchids with, just to make a bit of space
for more orchids.
3. Your starting to scope for new properties not for yourself but for your orchids, so that
you can grow more.
4. Instead of working you end up reading/browsing orchidtalk for most of the day.
5. During free time, you always grab for the camera and see which ones in bloom and snap away photos.
Thus filing your harddrive with orchid photos and not much family pictures.
6. Call in sick for work just so that you could attend a Orchid Show (which turns out to be a waste of time).
7. When friends, co-workers and family (even the wife) tend to give you that look and ask you this question....
"Are you planning to turn your house into a jungle?", to which you reply with... "Yes and you cant do anything about that!"
instead of going shopping for clothes, I go orchid farm whenever I'm onleaves. I'm going crazzzzzzzy.
When your son, watching you mist the orchids sarcastically asks if you are also chanting a soft, subliminal "you are in a rainforest" message to them...and instead of telling him to be nice, you start wondering if that might just be good for them.
lol i talk to my babies, and mum and dad wonder if i need a psyciatrist.
Oh yeah...when you are outside taking pics and the new neighbors are looking at you like a martian and wondering aloud what that woman is doing taking pictures of plants again. It's not like i'm taking pics of the same ones or anything...well unless they are in bud or spiking.