Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums


The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!


  •  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"


Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.


YES! I want to register an account for free right now!


Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Oncidium Charlotte Ray HCC/AOS

This is a discussion on Oncidium Charlotte Ray HCC/AOS within the Phalaenopsis, Oncidium, & Intergenerics IN BLOOM forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; This tolumnia put out a new growth for me last spring and is now in ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #1
    OrchidTraci's Avatar
    OrchidTraci is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Oncidium Charlotte Ray HCC/AOS

    This tolumnia put out a new growth for me last spring and is now in flower. By the looks of the other buds, the presentation on this is going to be awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    TundraKev's Avatar
    TundraKev is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    971

    Default

    I love these, but am scared to death to try them. I've heard so many horror stories about how difficult they can be.

    That is a very nice color.

    Kevin

  3. #3
    shalene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I have gotten into these pretty heavy lately. I love the dancing lady blooms and the small size. This is one that I will have to add to my list. It is very pretty. Be brave about these, they are worth the effort. The main things are drying off before night and high light. I have mounted ones and some in clay pots with a bark mix.
    Thanks for posting this one. My spikes haven't opened yet so this was a good fix.
    Shalene

  4. #4
    LJA's Avatar
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Clarksville, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,778
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    That's great, Traci! Wasn't this one the plant you were incredibly frustrated with a while back?

    Mucho congrats on blooming it!

  5. #5
    OrchidTraci's Avatar
    OrchidTraci is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TundraKev
    I love these, but am scared to death to try them. I've heard so many horror stories about how difficult they can be.

    That is a very nice color.

    Kevin
    They aren't difficult if you mount them. I nearly killed my first one because I tried to grow it in a pot.

  6. #6
    OrchidTraci's Avatar
    OrchidTraci is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shalene
    I have gotten into these pretty heavy lately. I love the dancing lady blooms and the small size. This is one that I will have to add to my list. It is very pretty. Be brave about these, they are worth the effort. The main things are drying off before night and high light. I have mounted ones and some in clay pots with a bark mix.
    Thanks for posting this one. My spikes haven't opened yet so this was a good fix.
    Shalene
    I love these too. I have a show to go to on the 3rd, the seller will be there so it will be stock up time. I purchased my mounts yesterday and triple cleaned them. I can only grow them on mounts, I have had bad luck growing them ib pots.

  7. #7
    OrchidTraci's Avatar
    OrchidTraci is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lja
    That's great, Traci! Wasn't this one the plant you were incredibly frustrated with a while back?

    Mucho congrats on blooming it!
    Yes it is. I threatened it and called it a *($^!, and then a +%$&*(! and the next day I found it starting a spike!

  8. #8
    Cinderella is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    I'm with you, Kev. They are totally enchanting but I am too afraid...

    Traci that is really a sweet one.

  9. #9
    LJA's Avatar
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Clarksville, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,778
    Member's Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrchidTraci
    Yes it is. I threatened it and called it a *($^!, and then a +%$&*(! and the next day I found it starting a spike!
    LOL! I really, honestly think that women have *much* more luck getting that technique to work than men do. For instance, when I threaten a plant, the next day I just find crown rot....

    Really nice going, Traci. Quite an accomplishment from the early days; it really is.

  10. #10
    OrchidTraci's Avatar
    OrchidTraci is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lja
    LOL! I really, honestly think that women have *much* more luck getting that technique to work than men do. For instance, when I threaten a plant, the next day I just find crown rot....

    Really nice going, Traci. Quite an accomplishment from the early days; it really is.
    Yes, it is an accomplishment. Here is an updated photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Den. Maiden Charlotte
    By orchid lady in forum Cattleyas, Vandas, Dendrobiums IN BLOOM
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2009, 02:49 AM
  2. Den. Maiden Charlotte
    By murgdan in forum Cattleyas, Vandas, Dendrobiums IN BLOOM
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 5th, 2007, 11:36 PM
  3. Maudiae 'Charlotte' x Lauren 'Lory'
    By IdahoOrchid in forum Paphiopedilum, Phragmipedium, Cypripedium IN BLOOM
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
  4. Oncidium Charlotte Ray HCC/AOS (Tolumina)
    By OrchidTraci in forum **NOT IN BLOOM** All Genera
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
  5. Oncidium Charlotte Ray "The Hollow"
    By OrchidTraci in forum Photography Archive 1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 16th, 2004, 10:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OrchidTalk --An Orchid Growers Discussion Forum brought to you by River Valley Orchidworks. A World Community where orchid beginners and experts talk about orchids and share tips on their care, cultivation, and propagation.