Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Paphiopedilum dianthum in bud

This is a discussion on Paphiopedilum dianthum in bud within the Photography Archive 1 forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; Hmmmm, very very interesting! Hey, I don't have to wait to see your parishii bloom, ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Heather is offline Banned

Hmmmm, very very interesting!
    Hey, I don't have to wait to see your parishii bloom, so no choosing anymore huh? Lol!!
    (sorry, laughing at others' misfortune = not nice!!)

Ok, so in the first or second pic (there are so many now I cannot recall), I can totally see the magenta on the inside of the pouch, showing through. Did not notice that before. Very different looking at the actual plant. Also that side pic you posted - that's the area I was talking about, up near the dorsal which on my dianthum ( ) looks almost blueberry colored!

Paphraguy is offline Former User

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Hmmmm, very very interesting!
    Hey, I don't have to wait to see your parishii bloom, so no choosing anymore huh? Lol!!
    (sorry, laughing at others' misfortune = not nice!!)

Ok, so in the first or second pic (there are so many now I cannot recall), I can totally see the magenta on the inside of the pouch, showing through. Did not notice that before. Very different looking at the actual plant. Also that side pic you posted - that's the area I was talking about, up near the dorsal which on my dianthum ( ) looks almost blueberry colored!
    Are blueberries blue? Mine are now even more "bluish" than before, even the the petals look "bluish"! And yes, the interior of the pouches also. Are they not amazing/fascinating?

Quote Originally Posted by Paphraguy
    Are blueberries blue? Mine are now even more "bluish" than before, even the the petals look "bluish"! And yes, the interior of the pouches also. Are they not amazing/fascinating?
    Yes, sorry, my feeble attempt at more specific description, at times, backfires on me!

I now think there is more blue than red in this in general. The inside of the pouch is much more purple than I had initially thought from this (LONG) thread. I think there is some interesting color mixing going on here - seeing the purple through the green outside makes it look that mahogany shade, but really isn't at all! I can really see how, if you take a photo of this when new, versus when the bloom is older, you will get a very different looking bloom!

Yes, very cool, fascinating *and* amazing! Merry Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Yes, sorry, my feeble attempt at more specific description, at times, backfires on me!

I now think there is more blue than red in this in general. The inside of the pouch is much more purple than I had initially thought from this (LONG) thread. I think there is some interesting color mixing going on here - seeing the purple through the green outside makes it look that mahogany shade, but really isn't at all! I can really see how, if you take a photo of this when new, versus when the bloom is older, you will get a very different looking bloom!

Yes, very cool, fascinating *and* amazing! Merry Christmas!!
    LOL!!! Merry Christmas to you too! Don't you just love new plants especially when they are in bloom! That plant took me about 2-3 years to bloom from a tiny seedling and you got one in bloom instantly!

I am very spoiled! no?

I wish I could find a par! Grrrrrrrr!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567