Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Let me introduce myself here

This is a discussion on Let me introduce myself here within the Photography Archive 1 forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; Joao, welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself! I think you'll like it here--we're a great ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Joao, welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself! I think you'll like it here--we're a great group!

Johngreen is offline Junior Member

Hello again!

Well, thanks to you Hellen, I got my avatar showing! Thank you!

Ah!! I'm your friend now! Thanks! He he.. yes, it's my favourite the wallisii! :P

You don't have insigne yet? What one?

Peter, I have seen you fotos of those phrags! Lovelly! Congratulations on your collection that is so well grown!

Kind regards

Joćo

Heather is offline Banned

Ah, there you go. Now we are even!
    (Slipper Head?!)

Actually *I* am not a huge fan of *wallisii* but I know Pete just loves it...hee hee...I have one of his Grande's and it is a lovely plant. I am a big fan of the lowii/haynaldianum type...expeciting my first lowii next week! ( how maternal!)

momokev is offline Senior Member

Hi Jano!

Welcome, we are very glad you are here and thanks for sharing your lovely orchid with us. I look forward to knowing you better!

Lisa

Gilda is offline "Master of the Moth and Phrags "
    My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    phrags
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johngreen
    Ups, forgot to add the name of my orchid. It's Trichopilia fragrans.

Regards
    Welcome John!
    Beautiful orchid and photo! I am looking forward to your orchid stories and pictures!
    I have a varied collection....mostly hybrids of everything,but a few species ...I like all orchids especially the ones that bloom a long time !!!

JOHNnDC is offline Senior Member

Greetings, Joao! I'm new to this forum as well, and live in Washington, DC - I've been growing orchids for only a year. The forum is a great place, very very VERY chatty crowd :-) No fear of posting a question and NOT getting an answer, that's for sure ;-) As for my collection, I still "only" have about 35 or so, and have a pretty varied mix. My heart belongs to phrags and multi-floral paphs, but I love oncs too, and lots more. Still trying to like catts - the foofy ones don't quite do it for me. I LOVE that plant you posted, wow.

JOHN

Jmoney is offline Senior Member
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    paphs, phrags, catts, vandas
    Member's Country Flag

welcome! as a paphanatic myself, I give my seal of approval to that slipper list!

Johngreen is offline Junior Member

Good morning everybody!

Once again, thank you for your welcome! I'm feeling at home already in such little time! Thanks!

Lja, thank you! I'm sure you are a nice friendly group! Good to know you!

Heather, Slipper Head? Why is that?
    He he he.. I see.. you become quite maternal with the orchids! I'm like that too! When I'm home I'm always looking at them, looking for new growths, spikes or eventual beguinning of problems.. You never know!

Lisa, I'm not Jano.. hehehe You guys can just call me Joao since I know you are not familiar with the wavy thing abouve the -a-.
    Of course! We'll get to know eachother with time! No problem!

Gilda, thank you for your nice comments about my Trichopilia. Unfortunatly when I took this foto the flowers were already wilting, so they are not fresh.. Either way, I think they are great.
    Oh yes! I have lots of fotos! And some stories to share too! Keep looking! He he..
    You know, I also like those long lasting hybrid blooms, but sometimes they last so long I get bored with them! Lol.. yes, that's true! But of course I would rather have one of those long lasting blooms than a short lived flower like the sobralias. Such a pitty! They are gorgeous flowers! They should last a little longer..

Hello John! Well, well.. another paph/phrag fan! I feel like I'm the black sheep around here! LoL..
    Oh yes! The Trichopilia is wonderful! You would love that one too! I bought it from Ecuagenera.
    Thank you! I'm sure I won't have un-answered questions around here..
    He he heh he... 'only' 35 orchids so far... know the feeling! It's never enough! Now I'm running serious space limitations, but still adding orchids like mad! Arghh.. somebody stop me! (NOT)

Hey J, hehe.. so I have an aproved list of Paphs huh? Nice! But I would like to add that gorgeous Phrag. wallisii, Paph. bellatulum, Paph. micranthum, Paph. dianthum... oh my....!! Somebody stop me!!! Fast! And I wasn't supposed to like slipper orchids.. Oh. and some cypripedium too..

Well, I guess I'll leave you for now! I like to 'talk' a lot as you can see, and I may bore you!

Kind regards

<!-- / sig -->
    <!-- controls --> <!-- / controls -->
    <!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- post 5693 popup menu --><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Heather</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option style="CURSOR: default">View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option style="CURSOR: default">Send a private message to Heather</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option style="CURSOR: default">Find all posts by Heather</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option style="CURSOR: default">Add Heather to Your Buddy List</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- / post 5693 popup menu --><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #5693 --><!-- post #5699 --><!-- open content container --><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #5699 --><!-- post #5709 --><!-- open content container -->

(hey, how'd that get in there?)

Famous last words - never say "no slippers"! I said that about Paph. rothschilianum...once...

(hey, how'd that get in there?)

Famous last words - never say "no slippers"! I said that about Paph. rothschilianum...once...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast