Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Let me introduce myself here

This is a discussion on Let me introduce myself here within the Photography Archive 1 forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; Hello Heather! Lol! I have no idea where that came from! Lol... Weird things!!! Uuuhh ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Johngreen is offline Junior Member

Hello Heather!

Lol! I have no idea where that came from! Lol... Weird things!!! Uuuhh hehhe..

Yes, you are right! Never say 'never'.. oh boy.. guess I just said it!

Paphraguy is offline Former User

Johngreen, you should get a Phrag wallisii, very beautiful and elegant species and more spectacular in bloom in person.

Are Paph and Phrag species hard to find/get in Portugal? Just curious!

Dana is offline Senior Member

Hey Joćo and welcome!
    It's nice to see a fellow European on this forum.
    I'm Dutch :lemmetell but i'm living in Sweden now.

I LOVE Portugal, been there 2 on vacation and i'll hopefully go there again.
    To bad you guys lost the soccer finals, sorry if i'm opening up sore wounds..*evil grin* (Portugal beat Holland in the semi-finals)

I look forward to hearing where you buy your orchids from.
    I'm a newbie and i'm still looking around for orchid vendors here in europe.

Brutal_Dreamer is online now Dreaming with my eyes open...
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Welcome João!

Glad you are here! I look forward to seeing your orchid photos too!

Cheers!
    Brutal_Dreamer

JOHNnDC is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dana
    To bad you guys lost the soccer finals, sorry if i'm opening up sore wounds..*evil grin* (Portugal beat Holland in the semi-finals)
    Ooh that's right Dana, I forgot about that - my family is Greek, he he he :-)

Good evening everybody!

Well, I'm happy for all the nice welcome wishes you are giving me! Thanks!

Humm... Don't make me feel miserable Peter! I do want a Phrag. wallisii most of all, but unfortunatly I can't see any for sale here. Even if I did see any (I haven't yet) I'm rather running short on money for orchids... yes.. after buying all those plus there is the university, house rent in Lisbon, and I must say I'm quite a consummer! Lol.. I like to buy clothes and stuff like that.

Actually in Portugal, the mainland, there aren't any orchid nurseries. Fortunatly for me, in Madeira island there are a couple orchid only nurseries and some others that sell orchids I get plants from. One of the Orchid nurseries has a wide variety of Paphs and some Phrags, but the prices are very high..

Hi Dana! Nice to meet you too! Are we the only european orchid growers around here?
    There are several orchid nurseries in Europe you can buy plants from. Send me a private message and I'll give you a list if you are interested.
    Although, a lot of the orchid species I have in my collection I gathered by performing orchid trades with several people, including from Brasil and Mexico.. Yes.. I know it's not legal, but we decided to give it a try..

Brutal, yeps! You'll see lot's of fotos from my orchids! I can't wait to go back to Madeira island next week! I'll have lots of new flowers to show!

Argh... Family from Greece huh? No problem! No hard feelings about the Euro final match! To win or to loose, what matters is to play! And Portugal made it to the final, so it is a good team! He he.. Congratulations to Greece!

Kind regards
    Joćo

Paphraguy is offline Former User

It's good to know that you at least have a couple of nurseries with Paphs and Phrags, so that's good, better than nothing!

uncasteeb is offline Senior Member

Are we the only european orchid growers around here?
    No i,m from the UK , more specifically Coventry England(about 20 miles from Stratford upon Avon).
    I,ve never ordered orchids from anywhere but the UK as the shipping times/cost
    are a major problem.

Hello,
    Well, yes indeed Peter.. I have somewhere I can buy paphs from, but from them the only paphs I like are the ones I already have.. So I'm left with nothing again LOl..
    Ah! Hello uncasteeb! I have seen some nurseries in Uk, but the prices are rather high. Since we can order from any country in Europe, I sugest you order from other nurseries. For example Nardotto & Capello in Italy! Very cheap plants. Adult!
    Regards
    Joćo

orchid_fan is offline Senior Member

Joao, bom dia e bem-vindo!

My boyfriend is from Lisbon so I've learned a few phrases here and there. In fact, his family was just in town visiting us, so I've spent the last 10 days listening to non-stop Portuguese.

Again, welcome to the forum...I think you'll have a great time here!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast