Shop Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Weather Station Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Phragmipedium Ruby Slippers

This is a discussion on Phragmipedium Ruby Slippers within the Photography Archive 1 forums, part of the Orchid Photography category; Here is the second new plant that arrived today, a red Phragmipedium Ruby Slippers. It ...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Paphraguy is offline Former User

Default Phragmipedium Ruby Slippers

Here is the second new plant that arrived today, a red Phragmipedium Ruby Slippers. It has a leafspan of about 8 inches.

Heather is offline Banned

(you forgot something? or am I not seeing your images again??)

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    (you forgot something? or am I not seeing your images again??)
    Opps sorry! With all the excitement, I must have forgotton the link! Hope you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Paphraguy
    Opps sorry! With all the excitement, I must have forgotton the link!
    Whew! Thought you fainted for a minute there!

Hope you like!
    Yes, I do! That's a little cutie! Beautiful fan shape too....
    Very interesting to me the difference between Phrags like this and the besseae - the latter are SO different and recognizably so.

Hey in that new grex list I was telling you about, there is an Andean Fire x warsc. Sounded interesting!

And back to the Ruby Slippers....have you read "Wicked" ? I bet you might like it. Very good book.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Thought you fainted for a minute there!

Yes, I do! That's a little cutie! Beautiful fan shape too....
    Very interesting to me the difference between Phrags like this and the besseae - the latter are SO different and recognizably so.

Hey in that new grex list I was telling you about, there is an Andean Fire x warsc. Sounded interesting!

And back to the Ruby Slippers....have you read "Wicked" ? I bet you might like it. Very good book.
    Andean Fire x warsce sounds like a yummy hybrid. I picture long very dark red petals. Why? Are you buying it? I actually don't remember seeing it on the list.

No, I haven't heard of Wicked, is it about witches? Speaking of witches, do you know if any cast members of Bewitched are still alive? I know the actress who played Tabitha is. I know both the Dicks and Elizabeth Montgomery are all dead. I don't know about the rest. I heard the second Mrs Kravitz died a few years ago. What about "Esmeralda"? I used to see her on different shows (recent shows). I'm curious.

Andean Fire x warsce sounds like a yummy hybrid. I picture long very dark red petals. Why? Are you buying it? I actually don't remember seeing it on the list.
    No no, I couldn't find a pic. I think it was a cross of OL's - did you read the AOS July new grex list? I thought you didn't because you didn't know about the MFH!? It was listed there, not for sale anywhere that I have seen in limited looking...

No, I haven't heard of Wicked, is it about witches? Speaking of witches, do you know if any cast members of Bewitched are still alive? I know the actress who played Tabitha is. I know both the Dicks and Elizabeth Montgomery are all dead. I don't know about the rest. I heard the second Mrs Kravitz died a few years ago. What about "Esmeralda"? I used to see her on different shows (recent shows). I'm curious.
    re: Wicked - yes subtitle is"The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" - a bio of the witch w/ the Ruby Slippers...very good..very! Actually it has been made into a very successful broadway musical! You should read it, it is actually quite political!

re: Bewitched...at least Louise, and yes you are right Esmeralda are alive. That is as far as I got before I got your latest pm... Here, you can check it out...hey, Aunt Clara died only 2 years into the series! Luckily you still have me!

Default Bewitched

Thanks for the Bewitched link! Good reading stuff and interesting things about the show and cast members I didn't even know!

pretty_bug01 is offline Senior Member

Haha funny you mentioned Wicked. I just bought it and finished reading it like two weeks ago. If you are reading it thinking it will be the opposite of The Wizard of Oz, then you will be slightly disappointed. I thought it was going to be a spoof like the three little pigs from the wolf's point of view. But it turned out really good, so I didn't mind all that much.

No, you really do end up just loving Elphaba early on...you know that is from L. Frank Baum? Author of OZ series...the whole genetic connection is fascinating...you should read it Peter, since you like witch-y stuff!

LJA
    LJA is offline OrchidTalk Tech Admin
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Plant looks adorable, Pete. In your hands I'm sure it'll become a great beauty...