Quote Originally Posted by lja
Sue, you've put it in more light than those older leaves were acclimated to. In that kind of situation, the plant will ditch those leaves in a matter of weeks--sometimes days. They'll just yellow up and die. The newer leaves at the center look fine though: keep the plant damp; just tone down some on whatever it is that's giving toxic buildup at the tips. It might be the water, but maybe you're pushing with extra fertilizer since it's new.

Hmm. You're quite possibly right about the light change. I hadn't considered the possibility that that might be the reason.

The leaf tip burn I can say definitively is a water quality reaction. I haven't fertilized this one at all yet. I didn't want to shock it when it was new, and then it put out buds, so I figured it didn't need it.