Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OrchidTalk now Mobile...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Default OrchidTalk now Mobile...

With the fast expanding technology in mobile devices, the personal computer is now just one way of many to access the web. People who do lots of traveling and even those that don't but own mobile devices such as the iPhone, iTouch, or hand-held devices that can access the internet, use them more and more each day to check email, the weather, stocks, etc.

Well, now, if you are one of those people, you can also check in on OrchidTalk! Before, if you tried to access OrchidTalk on your mobile device, I am sure you played the waiting game and then had lots of scrolling to do to just read your PM inbox. Not any more....

Announcing RVO's OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Mobile Web! Just visit our mobile web URL^ (OrchidTalk Orchid Forums - Grow Orchids! - The Orchid Forums for Orchid Growers) and enjoy a new, fast loading, easy to read, version of our community.

Inside our mobile website, you can read and send private messages, check out the latest forum postings, and even reply to threads. ^This website can only be accessed from a mobile device. If you try to access it from your computer, you will simply load the regular forum.

Give RVO's Mobile Web a shot! And remember, to access the mobile website, do not go to our home url: OrchidTalk Orchid Forum (rv-orchidworks.com) but instead go to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums - Grow Orchids! - The Orchid Forums for Orchid Growers (rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk/forum.php)

Name:  1 copy.gif
Views: 765
Size:  41.7 KB Name:  2.gif
Views: 803
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  3.gif
Views: 721
Size:  62.8 KB Name:  4.gif
Views: 740
Size:  68.0 KB

Now, when you are away from your computer, you can still access your Orchid Community! This will improve how you use your Orchid-Wish List as well. Now it truly can go everywhere you can get a cellular signal.

And best of all, this feature is Free. You do not have to be a subscribing member to gain access to this feature. But I encourage you to become a subscribing member to help support future developments for our community.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    BD

^RVO's Mobile Web can only be accessed from a mobile device. PC users will simply visit the normal orchid forum.

Real Name
    Laurent Lambert
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Laelia & Encyclia
    Member's Country Flag

Absolutely brilliant Bruce, I will get a lot of use out of this new update!
    Thanks for putting this together, much appreciated, as usual!!

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Thanks LL! I am glad to do it.

I don't have a mobile device that can use to access the internet, but I want one really badly! LOL. Several of my friends and a few of my students own these devices. They always seem to be on them and I thought it would be cool for our community to be accessible this way too. Now, I just have to save up and get one someday.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Thumbs up

Well, I finally got a new phone and it has the ability to access the internet. I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks and really like it, but it is addictive. It is nice being to access the forum when away from the computer.

I am not so great at using the tiny keys yet, but it is fun! Try it out if you have a mobile device that can access the net. It is easy to read and view the images. I am sure as I get better at 'texting', I can even post more often from it. LOL.

Cheers,
    BD

My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Encyclia
    Member's Country Flag

I'm just rolling with laughter. Now I know I can take my addiction on the road!

Real Name
    Rebecca Luce
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya!!
    Member's Country Flag

I don't have a phone that can access the internet, but this is really cool Bruce! I hadn't seen this post before! I am going to try it later on my husband's blackberry, he'll just love that, LOL...

My Grow Area
    Outside 24/7.

Thank you, Bruce! Now I can browse the forum while I am waiting outside the pool.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

I just did an update to the mobile site that will make searching OrchidTalk so much easier. Why it took me this long to figure this out, I am not sure. I have added in the 'New Post' feature at the top of the page for logged in users. I have also added in the "New Posts" link at the base of the page between the previous and next post links. This should eliminate having to use the back button and/or typing the URL for new posts when using your mobile device to access our community.

To view the mobile OrchidTalk site, point your phone or mobile device to http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk/forum.php and you will automatically be taken to the mobile site. If you access the page from your computer, you will not see the mobile site. It only works for mobile devices.

Happy searching!

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Rebecca Luce
    My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya!!
    Member's Country Flag

Lolol bruce you read my mind!!! I just noticed this addition this am, it rocks!! Thank you!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Becky15349 View Post
    Lolol bruce you read my mind!!! I just noticed this addition this am, it rocks!! Thank you!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Glad you found it useful!

Cheers,
    BD