Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Outback Kitchen - Remodeled

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Default Outback Kitchen - Remodeled

I am happy to announce that our Outback Kitchen has been remodeled and moved into the modern world! (I wish I could remodel my kitchen as easily.)

Now, when you post your recipes into the NEW Outback Kitchen here at OrchidTalk, you make it easy for others to share your recipes. The new forum arrangement allows for the recipes to be easily printed and the thread responses are separate, below the main recipe.

This feature is also tied into our new profile pages. Now, you will see a list of your recipes in your member profile. It is a virtual recipe box that you can access with a few clicks of the mouse. I encourage you to add in all of your favorite dishes. No need to fumble with an old index card box any longer.

Members of our community will see a new number next to the tag: Recipes in your posts header. So, if they want to check out what you have in your recipe box, all they have to do is click the link to your profile right from any thread you have posted in the forum. Guests and visitors who are not logged into the forum will not see this link, but can view the forum where the recipes are posted.

The original kitchen is still open so we can see the recipes in there, but I have closed that section of the board for new threads.

Take a look and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it. I purchased this code last night and spent most of today getting it configured. If you find a bug, please let me know here in this thread. I have tested it and feel it is ready for public release.

Be sure to check out how it works: How to Post in the Outback Kitchen

See the new section of our forum at:
    The NEW Outback Kitchen- off the Terrace Bar

Or click on my Recipe number here in the post header and see the two threads I have started in the NEW kitchen.

Cheers,
    BD

Bruce how will this new kitchen handle copy and paste from my MS word recipe files???

I am not always Mr. organized but I keep a recipe folder with sub folders labeled for category to store my recipes. Aren't computers wonderful tools

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-NY View Post
    Bruce how will this new kitchen handle copy and paste from my MS word recipe files???

I am not always Mr. organized but I keep a recipe folder with sub folders labeled for category to store my recipes. Aren't computers wonderful tools
    Hi Ron,

I am not sure. Give it a try and let me know. I have never used MS recipe files before. Let me know if it works. I am able to copy and paste from MS word into the forum. I haven't had trouble with that.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hi Ron,

Is the MS word recipe file an addon? I looked online and only came up with fancy looking cards? Is this what you are asking about? I was going to install it and give it a go to see how the copy paste works.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

I just added in Thread Prefixes for our new recipe forum. Now, when you post a new recipe, you can choose a prefix to help with searches later on. The prefixes I added are: Appetizer, Soup, Bread, Entree, Side, and Dessert. If I missed one you think should be added let me know!

So, watcha' cookin' out there? Post up some recipes to share with our community!

Cheers,
    BD D:

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hi folks!

I just updated the The Outback Kitchen forum software with a little 'software hack' I designed to make it include the bb-code for images as well as Bold, Italic, and Underline. It is much easier to post in that section now. I look forward to seeing some more recipes.

Cheers,
    BD