Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: More changes, good news!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Denise
    My Grow Area
    On a Windowsill.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phal, Vanda, Oncidium, Dendi
    Member's Country Flag

Smile More changes, good news!

First, the good news: my friend who wanted me to sell the vases for her meant to tell me the price was for BOTH, not just one, so I have changed the terms from "winner's choice" to "winner takes both". Also, if this pair of very fine vases does not sell this week they will not be re-listed. I'll be listing some of my own little duck planters instead.

Next: design changes. I have made a new logo element in the store header that I will be using in my blog and homesite, too. Would love to get reactions before I make all the other elements to go with it, especially concerning the bright magenta/yellow combination. Oh, and the way to find it if I am not running on the first page is to hit "stores" and look for "Windowsill Orchids" selling "Art & Antiques & The Occasional Orchid". (My antiques will be planters and vases and my art will be orchid-themed.)

Third: store policy changes. I am going to alternate my "real stuff" listings with art-service listings as long as I am running on the single-listing level. My service listings will be commissioned art pieces including special graphic work, so if you are thinking you want me to do something and you see that I have something else offered, just let me know and I will switch it out if there are no bids and we can close the deal that way. Also, for time-consuming work, such as ongoing design maintenance for websites (seasonal element changes, etc) the overall price in the auction would reflect the annual cost and could be paid as a monthly fee by indicating off-site payment and then using a Paypal button that will be provided in my home site.

I accept US Postal money orders as an alternative to Paypal, but only for single-payment purchases.
    Last edited by dsm; July 18th, 2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: grammerrr & spelink