Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Oh My God !! I Lost All My Files !!!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Loventana Lo
    My Grow Area
    Outside 24/7.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Too many to mention
    Member's Country Flag

Default Oh My God !! I Lost All My Files !!!

I have installed Casmira a few weeks ago out of curiousity. After a few attempts trying to navigate my way inside the city, (no one was around because its usually after midnight ) I decided to uninstall the program. The program was saved in My Document folder, together with my pics and other downloaded programs from the internet. I used the add/remove program to uninstall (automatic) and my heart sank when afterwards I found out that the whole folder and everything in it was gone . I know there is no way now to recover my lost files. But I want to know what had gone wrong?. I had uninstalled programs that had been saved in that same folder before and didn't had any problems. The My Document Folder was reinstalled after I reboot but the folder is now squeaky clean.

By the way, Casmira is a beautiful city even though I have seen it mostly during the night,(Ive seen it once during the late afternoon). The water garden is fantastic. I wanted to explore more and try the orchid hunt but my eyes and my back tell me that I'm too old for these kind of things which is why I decided to uninstall to make room for other things, now I really have MORE space..lol.

Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Tanya! Oh no!

If you change the default directory from C:\Program Files\Casmira to your My Documents folder without specifying a folder inside My Documents, all of the files will be installed in the My Documents folder, including the uninstaller. When you go to uninstall, that program will delete everything from the folder it's installed in!

I'm really sorry that happened--hope you didn't lose too many things....

I wish we could have been online at the same time so we could have chatted, but, in any case, I'm glad you got to explore around a little and that you liked what you saw. Maybe one day you can try it out again and we can talk....

Real Name
    Loventana Lo
    My Grow Area
    Outside 24/7.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Too many to mention
    Member's Country Flag

Ah!! I should have asked questions first before I uninstalled . Bad news is, I lost a LOT of files, mostly music, good news is, mostly they are not mine . They were files made by my daughter when she was still living with us. I had wanted to delete them a long time ago, but everytime I ask her, I got the question..."are those files bothering you"? Now, I finally got rid of them AND I''ve got a good excuse . The only thing I feel sorry for is that I lost the quilt design I had made, and the pic of the quilt I had given to my niece. I don't have back up copy to those two. The rest, ah... they are easy to replace.

Overall, the loss isn't a bad thing. It just scared me, thats all.

I may go back again and do more exploring. My main problem is the time difference. I feel like a night prowler everytime I go inside Casmira .