Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Angry Sauce

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Default Angry Sauce

First, combine your dry ingredients. Use a fairly large amount of garlic powder. Put in about %130 of what you think might be appropriate. (But if you think any amount less than 1 1/2 tablespoons is appropriate, you are wrong. I'm sorry you had to hear it from me.)
    Add the paprika. That paprika has probably been sitting there for over a year—perhaps over five—so it doesn't have any flavor. You might as well add a bunch. I'd say at least a tablespoon. More if you just want to get rid of it so you can buy some nice, fresh paprika that still has some flavor. Alternately, if you have some nice fresh paprika, a tablespoon might be a nice amount. It has some good flavor yet; why not enjoy it?
    At this point, we reach the most disturbing part of any recipe: the part that involves mayo. Mayonnaise used to be an elegant, subtle, rich sauce, similar to hollandaise, except more French. Sadly, these days are long gone, and today mayo is made exclusively from recycled rubber remnants mixed with a mash of fermented plastics. Or so I am told. In order to minimize the nasty mayo flavor in the eventual sauce, I prefer to avoid Hellmann's/Best Foods' and Duke's and whatever else, and use a nice, healthier olive-oil mayonnaise. Anyway, take a deep breath and add about a cup of mayo. Mix.
    Add ketchup until you get a nice subtle pinkish-peach. Maybe 1/4 cup.
    Add lemon juice and soy sauce. I put in probably 2 tablespoons of each, but I make it differently every time. Sometimes I forget the soy, and don't miss it, so that might be something to do if you're watching your sodium. The lemon juice is pretty non-optional, though.
    Then add the Sriracha. I put in about two tablespoons or so, but you could add less, if you are infirm, or unable to stand significant quantities of deliciousness. Be polite: If you don't call it sriracha, call it "chicken sauce." If you don't have sriracha, I suppose you could use some random "hot sauce," but I would judge you. I would say you are not committed to your food. But hey, it's your house. You can go ahead and mess this whole thing up if you want.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

This sauce recipe sounds like something LJA would love. I love the name of the sauce too: Angry Sauce! The Garlic, paprika, and lemon are great tasting flavors, so I bet this will be amazing. I have never tried the Sriracha but will give it a go.

Hey Sue, I added in a prefix for sauces too so add away if you have more special creations.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Tami
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Vandas
    Member's Country Flag

Oh Sue, this is awesome. you've outdone yourself if that's possible

Real Name
    Vivienne
    My Grow Area
    Under Lights
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Phals, Oncidiums,
    Member's Country Flag

My kids are in Blacksburg Va. Last trip there my son brought out the sriracha. OMG was that good went out and bought some. So here I sit drooling in the wee hours of the morning and want some of this on anything. Will bread do until I can go out and buy some meat?

Beyond tantilizing! You are an evil genius!