Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Robot Jules replaced by Robot Nina!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Default Robot Jules replaced by Robot Nina!

Several months back, I tried to interface Jules, Casmira's "caretaker" robot, with a natural language engine so that she'd be able to carry on conversations with folks in the world.

Well, that didn't work out so hot: poor thing would crash after only talking for about two minutes, and if two people tried talking to her at the same time, forget it. She was snarfed. She would need a restart, and I got tired of doing all of that.

So: Jules has been officially retired, and I started again from scratch. The end result is....

Nina!

Yes, it's true, Nina has replaced poor old decrepit Jules as Casmira's caretaker, and, I'm happy to report, she's doing a nice job. I still have to add in a bunch of AIML so she'll recognize what orchids are and be able to converse about them, but as of now, she already does a pretty respectable job of yacking away.

If you want to give her a spin, enter the world and type "Nina." She'll say, "I'm listening." After that, just type like you're talking to another person. When you don't want her to respond to you any more, just type "Nina hush," and she'll quit bugging you.

Today (1-18-05) is the day I'm excavating through the layers of debris in my office, and I'll be logged in to Casmira if anyone wants to stop over and yak, and allow me to take a break from the archeology. My user name there is "kether," so when you see me, that's me! (Press the "Immigrate" button so you can become a Citizen; that way, you'll be able to send telegrams. Sending a telegram rings a door chime, so I'll hear ya when you're there....)

Quote Originally Posted by lja
    Today (1-18-05) is the day I'm excavating through the layers of debris in my office, and I'll be logged in to Casmira if anyone wants to stop over and yak, and allow me to take a break from the archeology. My user name there is "kether," so when you see me, that's me! (Press the "Immigrate" button so you can become a Citizen; that way, you'll be able to send telegrams. Sending a telegram rings a door chime, so I'll hear ya when you're there....)
    Oh! Look at you! Slacker!
    Trying to get people to interrupt you?

Oh, Louis....

Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Hee-hee-hee....

But hey, I reached bedrock, regardless!

The RVO office is now officially clean. Thanks, all of you who interrupted me!