I have had a dendrobium that refuses to grow new roots. I always wondered if it was partially due to lack of humidity and me not watering properly. Deciding that water culture sounded interesting, I pulled up this one plant and several others that seemed to be having issues. A theme I noticed is that most of them had really white, almost colorless roots. It has been my experience that healthy roots are pretty whitish, hopefully with green tips, and the really thirsty but still hanging in there roots are white but get that green tinge when watered. These roots are just white. Very, very colorless white. There were obviously rotted roots that I cut off but these roots I was unsure of. They've been in the water in the window for two days now and it seems that if they were going to get any bit of a greenish tinge, they would have already. Are these roots alive and just needing time to really spring back or are they pretty much dead but not yet rotted? Anyway, any help on this would be great.