Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Cedric: About your Grammatophyllum (moved from growlists)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Quote Originally Posted by cedric817
    Grammatophylum scriptum (2) - both PB
    Any chance you might be interested in trading one of these?

Oncidium Colon 'Key Lime Pie' - Onc. sphacelatum 'Everglades' x Onc. isthmii - PB
    Onc. Colon? This has to be one of the stranger grex names I've seen.

A very nice collection!

I picked up both of these late last fall at a 'going out of business' sale at a local nursery. They were both toward the end of their bloom cycle but the flowers were impressive! I haven't seen much activity from either since bringing them home, but fingers are crossed.

I would be willing to part with one; I'm sure a trade could be worked out. I noticed that you have two Brassovola nodosa plants listed - would this be a suitable trade?

If this works for you, I would like to wait a month or two until the weather warms up just a bit here to prevent any concerns due to shipping temps.

Let me know what you think.

christopher
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I picked up both of these late last fall at a 'going out of business' sale at a local nursery. They were both toward the end of their bloom cycle but the flowers were impressive! I haven't seen much activity from either since bringing them home, but fingers are crossed.

I would be willing to part with one; I'm sure a trade could be worked out. I noticed that you have two Brassovola nodosa plants listed - would this be a suitable trade?

If this works for you, I would like to wait a month or two until the weather warms up just a bit here to prevent any concerns due to shipping temps.
    I'm almost positive you can only expect them to bloom once a year, and I think they usually take a nice long rest afterwards.

BTW; it looks like you've got Gramm. scriptum var. citrinum.

Rather embarassingly, I just bought one this morning (went to a society member's greenhouse-clearing sale; he's moving overseas). It's not a var. citrinum though, so I would still be interested.

If you do want to unload one of them, post over in the sale/trade forum when it's warm enough to send. If nobody else wants it, I'd be glad to have it. The B. nodosa would, however, not be a fair trade on its own; my spare nodosa is too small.

I'll keep that in mind as the weather warms up in the next month or two... any other fun purchases this morning? I love clearance sales!

christopher

Yes, some very nice stuff. A BS Coryanthes speciosa, a Den. aggregatum in bud, a nice Dialaelia in bloom, and a NBS Phrag. Eric Young and Paph. lowii. He also talked me into a PB Laelia anceps (he talked me into it by saying "Here; you can have this one for $5"). He's holding on to some of his really fun stuff (e.g. Renanthera) until just before he moves, so I'm going to have to stay in touch with him.