Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OrchidWiz Software - Huge Discount - Exclusive for OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Members

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Cool OrchidWiz Software - Huge Discount - Exclusive for OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Members

I have some pretty exciting news for our orchid community. Alex Maximiano from OrchidWiz.com and I
    have negotiated a promotion for our RVO OrchidTalk community which I am delighted to pass on. He is offering our members and friends a 30% discount on a new purchase of OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 8.01! This is the September 2011 edition, the latest version available, AND it includes three additional updates, 8.02, 8.03 and 9.0, for FREE!!

To get the discount, visit the OrchidWiz website and enter promotion code TALK2011 (all upper case) during your checkout. Doing so will discount $88.50 from the normal price of $295.00, reducing it to $206.50.

This promotion is an OrchidTalk exclusive and is the lowest price for OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 8.01 available anywhere.

Obtaining OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 8.01 for the reduced price of $206.50 is a limited time offer, good from September 10, 2011 [Eastern Standard Time] through September 20, 2011 [E.S.T.] ONLY. How does this discount benefit all of us? For each purchase made using the "TALK2011" code, Alex has agreed to donate a portion of the sale back to the OrchidTalk forum.

Now is the time to purchase this amazing software. OrchidWiz not only gives you the most comprehensive resource for information on orchids worldwide, buying the software at a 30% discount by using the "TALK2011" promotion code furthers the orchid-growing hobby and helps us improve our OrchidTalk forum community as well. Tell your family, friends, & orchid society members about this great offer: spread the word! Post this offer on Facebook and in your Twitter feed, and help to support our community!

"OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 8.01 is: "The world's most complete and accurate orchid research software. Updated through June 30, 2011 with the Royal Horticultural Society's (RHS) Sander's hybrid registrations, with over 80,000 awards from orchid societies worldwide (AOC, AOS, CSA, CAOB, DOG, SAOC, OCNZ)."

• Easy to use
    • Accurate
    • Comprehensive
    • Up-To-Date

Specifications:

• Navigate the world using 3 levels of geographical maps to list species present or endemic to a specific region
    • Compile and organize all of your orchid photographs in the OrchidWiz Album
    • Detail plant owner, venue, camera settings for each photo in the Album
    • Inventory and track your own orchids in the OrchidWiz Journal
    • Add your own photographs into the Journal.
    • Over 75,000 color images of orchids.
    • Over 3,000 botanical illustrations
    • Genealogy charts for more than 127,000 hybrids.
    • Information on more than 29,000 species.
    • 67,000 "other names" to search by, including prior genus assignments, species varieties, synonyms and common misspellings. These names provide a cross reference and are linked to the main and accepted names via look-up tables.
    • Award data from the American Orchid Society, Cymbidium Society of America, Australian Orchid Council, the Orchid Council of New Zealand and the South Africa Orchid Council, a total of more than 80,000 awards.
    • More than 162,000 references to orchid photos contained in 2,925 publications.
    • 2,347 genera, of which 920 natural and 1,427 hybrid.
    • 16 distinct breeding groups provided for ease of search and analysis.
    • Complete data from 2,900 Charles Baker cultivation sheets displayed in graphical form.
    • Photographic references for almost 16,000 species.
    • Geographical distributions of over 26,000 species.
    • Month-by-month flowering times for more than 5,300 species.
    • Common names for 4,500 species.
    • Comprehensive culture recommendations for all hybrids (based on species composition)and for thousands of species.
    • Light intensity recommendations for 4,100 species.
    • Night temperature recommendations for 3,900 species.
    • Source of author and publication for over 26,000 species.
    • Over 1,000 noted fragrant species.
    • Almost 5,700 noted epiphytic species.
    • Almost 400 noted lithophytic species.
    • Almost 900 noted terrestrial species.
    • Relative sizes of over 2,600 species (i.e., miniature, small, medium).
    • More than 1,200 species which bloom for a long time or are frequent bloomers.
    • Information on 5,500 hybridizers, including names and, most often, addresses.
    • Over 37,000 orchids with one or more progeny listed.
    • Look-up references to over 31,000 photographs in Awards Quarterly and Register of Awards.
    • Species classified by 5 subfamilies, 21 tribes and 77 subtribes.
    • Look-up orchids by new taxonomic names or by older more familiar Sander's names."

“OrchidWiz is so easy to use, anyone can do it." If you can learn how to use a computer mouse, you can learn OrchidWiz." The program runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Mac users need Parallels or VMware Fusion) and requires 4 GB of disk space. OrchidWiz is licensed to a single user but can be installed on two computers, such as a desktop and a laptop for mobility purposes. Join the thousands of users across the planet who use OrchidWiz Encyclopedia for their daily research needs!

I've had a copy of this software for several years now. It really is very handy. If you don't want to purchase online - you can call Alex directly at his business phone 305-758-3596 and give him the discount code to get your discount!

Post your questions here and let me know if you get the software using this promotion. Good growing!

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bill
    My Grow Area
    Under Lights
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paphs, Oncidium,and Catts
    Member's Country Flag

YAHOO!!! Thanks Bruce and Alex. Now I will part with some of that Christmas money I was given last year to buy Orchid Wiz with. This news made this a very Happy Day!

Real Name
    Jason
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Dendrobium
    Member's Country Flag

Hi Bruce do you know if this is shipped to UK i just tried finding out on their site but cant see any delivery info section.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-UK View Post
    Hi Bruce do you know if this is shipped to UK i just tried finding out on their site but cant see any delivery info section.
    Yes, Orchidwiz is shipped world-wide.

cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Jason
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Dendrobium
    Member's Country Flag

Thanks Bruce will be ordering shortly when Emma isnt looking LOL

Real Name
    Jason
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Dendrobium
    Member's Country Flag

All ordered and for anyone from the UK paying by PayPal it will cost £143.31 that includes delivery.
    Nice one for this Bruce :-)

Real Name
    Jonada
    My Grow Area
    Under Lights
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paph Chiu Hua Dancer
    Member's Country Flag

Wow, Bruce, great offer. Now I just have to beg, borrow, or (no won't) steal the cash to get it. This would make it so much easier for me to manage to look up info on my orchids. I don't have the time to surf the net until I get it right.

Real Name
    Pat
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I should be able to post this on our society's website. Should I link back here or just cut and paste the page with the info?

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zozzl View Post
    Excellent, excellent, excellent! I should be able to post this on our society's website. Should I link back here or just cut and paste the page with the info?
    Either way you would like, Pat. A link back here is good for traffic to the forum, but the important part of the message is the "TALK2011" discount code.

cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Kathi
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    How can I pick just one???
    Member's Country Flag

Wow, what a deal! A bit pricey for me still...I'll have to sleep on it & see if I can swing it. But meanwhile, I have sent it on to our OS webmaster, as I suspect some of the folks with larger collections than I will be quite interested. Thanks!

Kathi