Granted these were taken hurriedly and are NOT 2 of my best efforts, I've attached 2 photos, showing the blooms and the plant .

I acquired this plant, nearly free, with 2 blooms (shown) left on a 15" inflorescence, which apparently had also had a few other branching inflorescences, all gone but leaving a trail of sorts. For once, the color in the photos shown is accurate and the blooms are 4 1/2" - 5" long and almost 4" across; the plant is a good 20" tall and probably had a taller inflorescence before the one that was left. I also tried to show that there are at least 3 good new growths showing. The tag on it said "Brs Tiger Tail", and since I seriously doubt this is a Brassia species, I've been trying to track down what kind of hybrid it might be. My best guess is a Brassidium, but the only "Tiger Tail" I've come across is a Cymbidium - NOT likely to have anything to do with this particular orchid. I can't find a registration for it, but it's difficult when one is guessing the genus - (no, I haven't had a chance to put the orchid program on my Mac yet).

Any ideas, all you wonderful, knowledgeable members?

Name:  Brassia Hybrid Tiger Tail.jpg
Views: 3192
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  wholetigertailplant.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  62.4 KB

Thanks for any help you can give -

Maura