Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Nominate February's MOTM today!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Wink Nominate February's MOTM today!

Please send in your nomination(s) for our OrchidTalk Member of the Month for February 2012. Nominations accepted today through February 29 (CST).

I hope you will express your gratitude for the members you feel make this place so special by nominating the members you feel deserving of this award.

The way this will work: Each month, members are encouraged to nominate members and supply reasons why a certain member should be selected MOTM. The admins will review all nominations and select a monthly winner. After selection, the winner will be sent a link to complete an interview to share with the community. Any active member of the community can be nominated, but can only be selected one time for member of the month in any given year.

We will feature the MOTM on our home page along with a link to his/her interview. All MOTM winners will be included in an archive page that will be updated each month. Each interview will be posted in a new thread in the Community Interviews section of the forum for response/ discussion/ congratulations by our members.

After all MOTM have been selected for the current year, a Member of the Year will be selected by vote of the current active members. The Member of the Year will receive a special OrchidTalk gift and special recognition for her/his participation in this community.

Basic Rules and Conditions for Nominating a Member:

1. Member must be currently active in the community.
    (IE - member should participate often in the discussions, post new threads, login regularly, etc...)

2. When nominating a member, you must give a reason you believe that member should receive the award.
    (IE: Member X should win this award because she posts such helpful responses to newbie questions. ~~ or ~~ Member Y should win because he shares such unique orchids and photos. Etc...)

3. Members can be nominated anytime throughout the year, but can only be selected once during a current calendar year. After becoming MOTM for calendar year 2012, that member should not be nominated again until the next calendar year.

4. All nominations should be Private Messaged to Brutal_Dreamer. Use
    MOTM Nomination
    as the title of your PM. This will allow me to sort all nomination private messages from all the other private messages I get on a daily basis.

5. Nominations are open for the next few weeks starting today and a winner will be selected by the third day of the month.

6. No other rules.

So, send in the nominations by Private Message to Brutal_Dreamer and lets get a MOTM selected for February 2012.

PS - If you would like to sponsor or even co-sponsor an award/gift for the winner(s) of this contest, please contact me. Having a sponsor will improve the award given to the winner(s) of this community award.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hello, a kind reminder to nominate your choice for February's member of the month. So far this month only two member have nominated anyone. Usually there are between 12 and 40 people who participate. Today we have had 128 unique members who could participate login to the site. And at least 80+ people have read this thread.

cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

a total of three members have nominated a total of three people this month. Without more participation, I will discontinue this community award program. Thanks.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Time is running out. If you value the contributions a particular member makes to the community and would like to see them honored for their efforts, please nominate that member or those members for February's OrchidTalk Member of the Month.

Thanks.
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Today is the final day to nominate an OrchidTalk member for the member of the month award.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Due to lack of participation, I am suspending Member of the Month until March 2012 when I hope to have implemented an easier way for members to nominate other members for this award. As it is currently, a member must initiate a private message to nominate and though it worked for awhile, I believe there must be an easier way. Thanks for your patience.

cheers,
    BD