I was very lucky at our December orchid society meeting. I entered three orchids for our judging tables and won on all three. I also won the award for best species for the Cadetia taylori. The big suprise came when I was presented with the award for best exhibitor. That award is given to a home grower and a greenhouse grower who have earned the most points showing their orchids at shows and society meetings over the course of a year. Points are given for entering plants and additional points are given for those plants that win ribbons or various awards. I was really suprised to win since our society has so many experienced growers who raise orchids much nicer than mine. I was also elected to the board of directors and won one of the door prizes which is the nun's orchid pictured in the last photo. I like it in that I have never seen one with this coloration. In our gift exchange I received a cymbidium that is starting to spike. It was a great day. I think i should have played the lottery. LOL

Awards won:
Most Fragrant---Blc. Golden Chieftan 'Akuki' 1st place
Cadetia taylori--- 1st place and Best Speicies--this one has been blooming all autumn.
B. Little Stars--- 1st place -two weeks ago when this was shown it had 13 spikes

the final pic is of the Nun's orchid I won. Hopefully the pics will post in the above order.

Name:  DSC08230.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  133.6 KBName:  DSC08244.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  162.4 KBName:  DSC08266.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  179.0 KBName:  DSC08257.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  134.1 KB