Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Clear pots with cones?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Default Clear pots with cones?

Hello All!

Hope that this is the right place to ask.......I guess my being a new orchid grower qualifies me for being in the new growers forum?

Actually what I would like is some help in finding information on suppliers for clear orchid pots. I know that there are a lot of retailers that have the "regular" clear pots, more often called "azalea pots", but I am looking for round pots that have a raised bottom, similar to a cone.

I should also explain that I can't find any in my area and after calling around to the different stores and them not having any.......(Some don't even know that there is such a thing..........) I am interested in wholesaleing the pots to the stores.

I am familiar with the "Rand Aircone" pots, but they are expensive especially once you get to the larger sizes.

Well enough for this post, but I will be back to talk about some of the problems that I am having with my orchid growing also.......

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with the pots!

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

I use both the Rand pots and another type of "cone" pot. I can PM you the name of the supplier I use once you have made 5 posts. So go put comments on some of the pictures, and introduce yourself in the new members forum.

Hello Diane!

Just curious, how do you like the clear pots? Do you use any without the cone and have a flat bottom? If so, which do you like better?

I like the coned pots and have been using them for about 2 months. The only thing is that they dry out really, really fast, so I am wondering if maybe I should water more often? We are under a water restriction though and are supposed to water only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The plants seem to be doing well with waterings on those days only, but was wondering if they might do better with more frequent waterings?

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

I like them, especially for my Catts. I tried to PM you but couldn't. Will try again later.

I have never used the cone pots before, but I have seen them for sale ever since I read this post. For the price the folks on Fleabay are asking for them and other websites I have seen they can keep them. They want to much for them when a few pieces of packing peanuts work just as good. Thats just my opinion if you have the money for them they by all means go right ahead. I just remember seeing on one site that the cone pot was almost twice as much as the regular clear pot. Good luck.