Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: OrchidWiz Software - 30% Off for OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Members!

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Default OrchidWiz Software - 30% Off for OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Members!

I have some pretty exciting news for our orchid community. Alex Maximiano from OrchidWiz.com and I
    have negotiated a promotion for our RVO OrchidTalk community which I am delighted to pass on. He is offering our members and friends a 30% discount on a new purchase of OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 9.03 installable on two computers, plus an upgrade to 10.0 in June, plus two additional updates in September and December for FREE!

To get the discount, visit the OrchidWiz website and enter promotion code TALK2013 (all upper case) during your checkout. Doing so will discount $88.50 from the normal price of $295.00, reducing it to $206.50.

This promotion is an OrchidTalk exclusive and is the lowest price for OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 9.03 available anywhere.

Obtaining OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 9.03 for the reduced price of $206.50 is a limited time offer, good from April 8, 2013 [Eastern Standard Time] through April 16, 2013 [E.S.T.] ONLY. How does this discount benefit all of us? For each purchase made using the "TALK2013" code, Alex has agreed to donate a portion of the sale back to the OrchidTalk forum.

Now is the time to purchase this amazing software. OrchidWiz not only gives you the most comprehensive resource for information on orchids worldwide, buying the software at a 30% discount by using the "TALK2013" promotion code furthers the orchid-growing hobby and helps us improve our OrchidTalk forum community as well.

PLEASE: Tell your family, friends, & orchid society members about this great offer: spread the word! Post this offer on Facebook and in your Twitter feed, and help to support our community!

The world's most complete and accurate orchid research software, with over 112,000 images! Updated through October, 2012 with the Royal Horticultural Society's (RHS) Sander's hybrid registrations and with over 88,000 awards from orchid societies worldwide (AOS, CAOB, CSA, DOG, NZOS, OCNZ, OSCOV, SAOC, SFOS, TOGA). The price includes the ability to install the program on two computers and updates 10.0, 10.1 and 10.02!

• Easy to use
    • Accurate
    • Comprehensive
    • Up-To-Date

Specifications:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 5.5 GB of disk space.

• Profile analysis for each species or hybrid detailing some of the most important information on a single screen
    • Navigate the world using 3 levels of geographical maps to list species present or endemic to a specific region
    • Compile and organize all of your orchid photographs in the OrchidWiz Album
    • Detail plant owner, venue, camera settings for each photo in the Album
    • Inventory and track your own orchids in the OrchidWiz Journal
    • Add your own photographs into the Journal.
    • Over 112,000 color images of orchids.
    • Over 9,300 botanical illustrations, including almost 3,900 postage stamps.
    • Genealogy charts for more than 148,000 hybrids.
    • Information on almost 33,000 species.
    • 90,000 "other names" to search by, including prior genus assignments, species varieties, synonyms and common misspellings. These names provide a cross reference and are linked to the main and accepted names via look-up tables.
    • Award data from the American Orchid Society, the Coordinating Body for the Brazilian Societies, the Cymbidium Society of America, the Germany Orchid Society, the New Zealand Orchid Society, the Orchid Council of New Zealand, the Orchid Societies Council of Victoria (Australia), the South African Orchid Council, the South Florida Orchid Society, and the Taiwan Orchid Growers Organization, for a total of more than 88,000 awards.
    • More than 190,000 references to orchid photos contained in 3,247 publications.
    • 16 distinct breeding groups provided for ease of search and analysis.
    • Complete data from more than 4,700 Charles Baker cultivation sheets displayed in graphical form.

I've had a copy of this software for several years now. It really is very handy. Two years ago, Alex made this same deal possible for our members. This is a huge discount. If you don't want to purchase online - you can call Alex directly at his business phone 305-758-3596 and give him the discount code to get your discount!

Post your questions here and please let me know if you get the software using this promotion. Good growing!

Cheers,

BD

Real Name
    Connie
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Mini Vanda, Schombs &Encyclia.
    Member's Country Flag

YES! I've been waiting...Thanks Bruce!

Have you add pictures of your orchids to Wiz?? Will it know if you put it in the right place?

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Searchingshirley View Post
    Have you add pictures of your orchids to Wiz?? Will it know if you put it in the right place?
    Hi. Yes, you can add your own photos of your orchids to OrchidWiz. The photo is stored in a folder in your 'Orchid Journal' and not mixed in with the photos that come with OrchidWiz. Your photos will be stored in a folder called: OrchidWiz Album. The software cannot identify an orchid from your photograph, you must assign it a name and connect it to an orchid in the database.

cheers,
    BD

Thanks for responding to my question. I'm in the early stages of my orchid adventure and I think the Wiz would be a great tool. I have to use this site more to get answers to my questions. Thanks for your help.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Searchingshirley View Post
    Thanks for responding to my question. I'm in the early stages of my orchid adventure and I think the Wiz would be a great tool. I have to use this site more to get answers to my questions. Thanks for your help.
    No problem at all. Thanks!

AND for everyone: There are just four days left in this promotion! If you plan to purchase this software, this is a really great deal. You save 30% and the OrchidTalk Forum gets a portion of the total sale in return for hosting this offer. WIN=WIN!

Thanks to everyone who has already purchased using this code, shared this on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, and with their orchid societies.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Great new!! Alex has agreed to continue this promotion until April 16!! We've had a great response so he said - extended it.

So, there you go.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hey folks - this promotion ends tomorrow - 4/16/13. Please let your friends at your orchid society know.

cheers,
    BD