Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: How Many registered on Orchidbids?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Default How Many registered on Orchidbids?

Hello Louis I am just curious to know the number of people that are currently registered on Orchid Bids. I know its not alot of money and its certainly cheaper than posting on Fleabay, but I don't want to post plants for sale that have a low likelyhood of sale. I like the idea of having a site dedicated to the sale of plant items. Its just that with me just starting to sell I do not have the disposable income to post item that have a low likelyhood of selling because there is a low number of interested folks. Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by JB_Orchidguy; October 28th, 2005 at 08:38 PM.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hi Josh!

There are just under 30 people registered on Orchidbids at this point. Anything you list there will randomly be advertised on the OrchidTalk lobby page and if you also list your item in the for sale forum, the likelihood of a sale is just as great as if your item was listed on the forum alone. The only thing that might possibly keep people from buying is their reluctance to spend a dollar to verify their identity and register; however, a person worried about a dollar is probably not likely to buy your item anyway.

Maybe others can give their feedback but that is our take on it. Hope this helps!

Cheers!
    BD
    Last edited by Brutal_Dreamer; October 29th, 2005 at 10:12 AM. Reason: their not there...oops!

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

I've sold all the items I listed except one. I think that what you have to keep in mind is people are looking for a BARGAIN. So when plants are offered not in bud or spike, they are going to want a low price. I check frequently, and there is a plant there now I would buy if it were about 10 dollars cheaper...

Consider this - how much is the plant worth to you if you don't sell it? Perhaps a few dollars less is better than not selling at all?

I realize that everyone wants a bargain. Heck who doesn't. And I know the only plant I have posted at the moment was a NoID, but she was Huge. OK thats over and done with. I have a group of Named plants that I pulled from the GH that are getting ready to be posted, and I will try to remember to keep the startng bids low, but How do real nurseries do it? They sell a small seedling for 10 to 15 dollars. I know I will get there. I have to keep telling myself Patiance Grasshopper. Well Folks are here. Have fun everyone!!!