I've attached a picture that clearly shows what I'm talking about.

3 months ago, in the beginning of summer, I began to fertilize my oncidium with fairly low amount of fertilizer. (1mL of 10-10-10 per 1000mL of water). On two ends of the rhizomome two new psudobulbs produced beautiful leaves - nice thick cuticle, glossy, shinny - gorgeous. The started to become blemished, like the old established leaves (>1 year old leaves). I read on this forum that when the plant gets adequate bright light blemishes in leave tissue can occur and are natural (mine were getting about 500 micromols of photons per metere per second with my artifical and natural light if that matters, so 1500 mmol/m-2/s-1 than direct sunlight on a bright day fyi).

Four weeks ago all four leaves from the top of the psuedobulbs died off - why, they seemed like healthy leaves, no standing water on them regularily, was not burning spots with cold mist water. Any ideas?

Furthermore- now another two psuedobulbs are being produced - without the old ones flowering, as seen in the image AND a well established leaf (in black) is beginning to die off.

Why did my leaves fall off, psudeos not flower before producing another set, and why are old, well established leaves dying as well? Any more help is much appreciated.

I understand that lvs could just be entering sensecense, as I Fertilized between May 21st and August 8th, once a week (every other watering, with misting in between in a high humidity tank).

Name:  IMG_4507.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  64.2 KB