Hi Everyone,

I need your expert advice again. I'm rescuing a phal from root rot (see "newbie trying to save phal...did I do everything right?" in the next forum. It's on the recovery road as it's actively growing a new root, about 1" long now...

I noticed yesterday that the best looking leaf (the youngest one of the 3) now has a tiny yellow band all around it. I know it was not there before. It forms a very small and well-defined margin (leaf is 2" wide, margin is 1/32 only). Upon closer inspection I've noticed another leaf also has it but it's even thinner on that one. Sorry I can't post a pic as my camera is not working right now.

The plant is otherwise as healthy as it could be right now, the new root is fat and green.

I don't know whether I should be worried or not. I was wondering: is it possible that it is a sign the plant is getting back the nutrients from the leaves and they'll die soon? Should I start fertilizing then? (I'm thinking 1/4 strength or even less than that). The phal is sitting in pine bark and I'm not watering so it definitely doesn't get any nutrients right now...

Thanks in advance for your help!