Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: Busy busy....

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Louis J. Aszod
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya
    Member's Country Flag

Default Busy busy....

First off, since it's been--ahem! six weeks since I've posted something--ahem! as Julie reminds me.... ahem..., I just wanted to say a big HIYA! to all of you here who are new! Consider yourselves lucky: you've had some time to get used to the place, spared from my... my, um, influence....

Seriously though, welcome!

For all of you who have kept the torch burning--thanks, really. I'm honestly very shocked that our forum is still going since we've stopped selling plants, but that it's actually been thriving--that's awesome. There's obviously something to be said for "laissez-faire," so I also want to say a big thank you! to all of you whose wit, humor, intelligence, and sheer orneriness have helped nurture OrchidTalk into the amazing 700+ member community it has become. That this has actually happened pretty much blows me away, I kid you not.

Besides working at a job I find very rewarding (I now work at the Jones Learning Center, an academic support unit for ADHD / learning-disabled students at the University of the Ozarks), I've got my hands full with orchid-related matters as well. The Orchid Society of the Ozarks website I'm heading up is almost complete, and I've also been given the editorship of the OSO Newsletter, a task that, though gratifying to undertake, has been nerve-wracking as well.

Coming up with stuff to talk about hasn't been a piece of cake, but Lee Cooke, executive director of the AOS, has apparently thought highly enough of the OSO's mission and newsletter that he asked Tom Larkin to post the latest issue on the AOS's forum as the first of a model to follow and/or critique. Here's the link, in case any of you out there have society newsletters you're trying to put together:
    http://www.aos.org/aos/MessageBoard/...cs.aspx?fid=13.

Finally, I've applied to the UALR grad school to get my Master's in Counseling, with an emphasis on rehabilitation. The admissions folks seem pleased enough with my undergrad transcripts and scores, now I just have to go through the interview at the end of the week. As long as I don't pick my nose, scratch low, or drool, this shouldn't be a problem. I should be admitted in time for the summer semester...

So there you have it.

Thank all of you again for taking the time you've spent visiting here or posting--especially posting! Many of you have PMd to say you miss me, and I really appreciate that: there's nothing as good as the feeling that my presence makes or has made a difference. I will post as I can, just know that though my circumstances have changed (for the better, I hope!), my feelings for all of you, a community I'm very proud to be part of, has not. Please don't take my absences personally: they're certainly not meant that way!

Keep up the great messages: Bruce points out some of the more hilarious threads, or the ones with a fantastic picture or great info, and I have to say, y'all are some awesome people......

Real Name
    Tim
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paphiopedilums
    Member's Country Flag

oh....

helloo Louis... good to see you back... and hope to see you around more again...

ummm.... and btw, it's them grrrls... they bring their "wit, humor, intelligence, and sheer orneriness" and well this is what happens... lucky some of the bois balance it out...

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

IS BACK!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!

Missed you so much!!!

Talk about having your hands full! I think what you are doing sounds wonderful. So glad to know what has kept you away has been all good stuff!

There are some very funny and good folks who are a part of this forum, which is what keeps me coming back!

My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    All types
    Member's Country Flag

I am so happy things are going well for you .
    I miss you too . Gin