Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Thread: OrchidTalk Subscription and Donations help support our community

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Lightbulb OrchidTalk Subscription and Donations help support our community

Hello,
    I've received a few private messages recently inquiring if we accept donations and if so, how much is appropriate to send. (I've responded individually this morning, but wanted to post here too.) First of all, thank you for considering making a donation. Every bit helps and yes it is expensive to keep our dedicated server on-line and updated each month. [So, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for any contribution to support this community!!]

Member contributions really do help offset our out-of-pocket expense. We offer two different ways members can help. The first is through a one-time donation. The second is through an OrchidTalk subscription.

How much is a good donation? Helping support the OrchidTalk forum by giving any amount is helping keep this community online and strengthen our mission of Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better. OrchidTalk is a free service for any visitor on the web. Your gift ensures that we are here to help every beginner and experienced grower alike share information and encouragement about growing and caring for these mysterious orchid plants that have captured our imagination.

On the subscription page we note that if only 90 of our active members selected the OrchidTalk Pals subscription our hosting cost could be completely covered. That subscription package is 15.00 dollars for 90 days. (Which amounts to 5.00 dollars a month or .16 cents a day.) This subscription really helps and is the most popular with the members here since it costs so little. (But can make a huge difference in our monthly expenses!)

See our Mission and History page to learn more about this community and how your contribution will be used to support the OrchidTalk community we all love so much.

To show your support and make a donation now, please click here! And thank you to all the subscribers (new and long time) as well as to the members who donate to help support OrchidTalk. You are greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    BD

My Grow Area
    Outside 24/7
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas Challenging to grow

I encourage all newbies and Novices alike to donate to this forum. You can read all the books that you want, but when all is said and done ... nothing beats experience. The things you read and videos you see here are mainly from peoples experiences, and they've all gone through the failures and successes that you will eventually experience yourselves.

Orchids are NOT cheap especially Cattleyas that can go anywhere from $15.00 to $100. Think about it, if anyone here were able to help you save one of your babies in which you spent your hard earned cash for, isn't it worth the $10 or $15 donation? You would have spent that much replacing what you've lost! If you can even find the same plant .. because if it's not a common item, you'd be S.O.L. trying to replace!

BTW: I am not affiliated with this site, in fact I'm a rather newbie myself. But I've belong to several other forums and the one thing I've learned from them all: NOTHING BEATS EXPERIENCE! So a small donation to keep this site going could go a long way in helping hobbyists like yourselves become successful! JMO
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; June 22nd, 2016 at 08:38 PM.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Hello friends!

Thank you for all the support throughout the year. This is the information on OrchidTalk subscriptions to support the community. There is also a link if you would rather make a one time gift. Thank you all so much and have a great new year!!

cheers,
    BD