Quote Originally Posted by raybark View Post
Please share more details about your culture - day and night temperatures, how often you water and feed, formula and actual concentration of fertilizer used, amount of light, etc.

Dendrobiums and phalaenopsis have entirely different needs, and if you're treating them the same...
Hi Ray. It's winter here. I had the phal in my sittingroom (close to the north-west facing window, but not directly in the afternoon sun) and it was doing really well until I cut the flower stems back after they finished flowering (perhaps it was an infection as a result of that). I didn't note temperature ( I guess low of 16/17c and high of 21/22c) etc. but my hygro thermometer arrived today so I will take note of what you are saying and will better understand if the sittingroom is suitable for my next phal.

My dendrobium seems quite happy on my south-east facing window in the kitchen. I water, usually once a week, using the pot weight as my guide. I just have a bog standard orchid feed but have ordered the 'grow' and 'bloom' ones. Now feeding every 3-4 weeks. The humidity there today is 56% and the temp is 19.5c. It is dull today as it is raining but the light is quite good normally. She has three new growths coming from the bottom and they are sending out tiny roots.

I appreciate and advice you can give me. Thanks so much.