Quote Originally Posted by masum View Post
Thanks. Can you please give some info with photo about Pure Brassavola nodosa vs hybrid.From Photo they all look same.
Yes, in photos the species B. nodosa, B. subulifolia (often listed as B. cordata), B. grandiflora and B. venosa and the hybrids among them often look too similar to distinguish between them. Most casual observers don't distinguish between them in person either, and many sellers can't either or don't care, so many photos available probably misidentify them.

There are several registered hybrids in this group:

B. Little Stars (nodosa x subulifolia)
B. Grand Stars (nodosa x Little Stars)
B. Green Stars (Little Stars x subulifolia)
B. Madosa (grandiflora x venosa)
B. Rediculous (nodosa x grandiflora)
B. Lady of the Night (subulifolia x grandiflora)

And in the past B. grandiflora was considered a variety of B. nodosa, so some hybrids may not be correctly identified.

And there may be more, and certainly some crosses between the hybrids, even if they aren't registered. And all of these species are variable. So, no, I really can't illustrate the difference between pure B. nodosa and a hybrid, since I don't have pictures of plants I can be certain are labeled correctly.

If a reputable seller clearly identifies a plant as one of the species or a properly named hybrid it is probably correct. If there is something irregular, uncertain or incorrect about the name on a label the plant should probably be considered a NoID hybrid.

Based on my own memory of plants identified as B. nodosa, "B. nodosa var. grandiflora" and "B. cordata" 40+ years ago before hybrids in this group were registered, I would guess your plant to be B. Little Stars or B. Green Stars based on this photo, but it is just a guess.