Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I don't swim in my pond...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

That's only about a 32 incher. ive seen bigger actually. googleimage "tiger muskie" and youll see some fish that would pimpslap that guy and make him go crying for his mommy.

and yes... they have nasty teeth. imagine a bigger proportioned, freshwater barracuda...

Real Name
    Tim
    My Grow Area
    Porch/Patio.
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Paphiopedilums
    Member's Country Flag

ok, so I'm scared....

so do these things eat people... you know like JAWS!

My sister (in Florida) told me the other day that there were 3 recent alligator deaths in Florida. Maybe they could train the muskies!

Julie

I've never heard any reports of muskies eating people, haha. they're beasts, but not maneaters, as far as i know. same thing with tarantulas - people are deathly afraid of them, but not once in the history of their known existence has one ever been credited with killing a human being. some of the malaysian ornamentals have been known to cause paralysis, but never death. the bite of most tar's, like the ones i used to keep, is likenable to a beesting. i should know... i've been bitten on numerous occasions!!

Maybe we could cross a muskie with an alligator. Would make a good sentry to keep the neighbors kids out of your pool (or pond!)

Julie

might help with sake of silence's theft problem too! a crocofish! the speed and agility of a muskie, with the jawforce and land ability of a crocodile!! as the guinness guys would say.... BRILLIANT!!

I'm still trying to work in the arachnid gene intermix. I think there's great potential (possibly on the big screen), but I haven't quite visualized the grex...

Julie

how about an orchid that makes a web to catch its food?

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    I'm still trying to work in the arachnid gene intermix. I think there's great potential (possibly on the big screen), but I haven't quite visualized the grex...

Julie
    A muskarantulator... The head of a gator, the body of a muskie, and 8 hairy legs!!

wogga- do you have one of the orange knee (?) tarantulas? They are way cool..... and I like the little black ones we have around here - they are very small in comparison to the ones you usually see in films and such.

i dabbled in many different varieties - mexican redknees, rosies, browns, zebras, even a birdeater, and fireknees - before finally finding the one species i truly loved - brachypelma albopilosum (honduran curly hair [spirdrac, as she was affectionately known]). i fell in love with those little guys, and ended up concentrating on them.

the brachypelma auratum (fireknee) was a little BASTARD. he bit me on numerous occasions, and actually flicked urticating hairs (the small microscopic, barbed hairs on the abdomen which are flicked off in times of stress) onto my hands without me noticing. i rubbed my eyes inadvertantly...

so im at the opthometrist with about 100 pages of literature on urticating hairs, the physics of the thing, information on the species, their particular variety of urticating hairs and their effects on the human eye... so about an hour of strange looks later, she hands me a bottle of drops, and it cleared it right up, narrowly avoiding a corneal abrasion, and likely blindness, apparently. good times.