Back in N.H. for the summer and made a trip to well known Northeast US Phrag/Paph grower/sellers open house this weekend.
Amongst his spectacular and oft awarded collection I found a tray of (what I though were) seedlings of Phrag. Jason Fischer 'Redlight' x Phrag. Mem. Dick Clements 'Joshua'.
I was looking for a good besseae to add to my FL collection as I know it is a warm grower and better suited to my conditions than trying to grow a kovachii.
Anyway, knowing both parents well, I was intrigued by the cross. (FYI- 62.5% besseae and 37.5% sargentianum) When I asked the grower how much, he looked at me and said, "if you're taking it to the Keys I'd be interested to see if heat helps it so you can put it in your pocket if you want it. I've never got those things to grow or do anything. I don't even remember how long I've had those here"

Here's a pic. It actaully looks very healthy, albeit on the small side if it's more than 3-4 years old. So I'm curios......anyone have any thoughts on what its issue might be?
Name:  Phrag. Jason Fischer 'Redlight' x Dick Clements 'Joshua'.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  65.3 KB