Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and to orchids and happy to be here! I've searched these forums and the internet and see a variety of opinions regarding fungicides, and I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

I rescued several orchids from the clearance rack of a popular department store a couple of months ago. They were all severely underwatered, except for one which was soaked. They are doing better now, but I think some fungus problems have developed.

The first picture is the overwatered plant. I had to cut off most of the roots due to rot, and it seems dehydrated, but at least it's growing new roots. The fungus seems to just be attacking the medium in this one, and a plant telehealth service told me this type is harmless, but you can see now some brown spots are developing on the center leaf.

The second picture (with my hand in it) is one of the others, and here it seems to be attacking the roots. I think this is a different kind of fungus? I tried to use cinnamon on both, but to no avail.

I've seen various opinions regarding H2O2, Physan20, RD20, etc. etc. etc. and don't know what's right. What do I do?

Thank you for your help!

~Orchid Newb
Name:  20211210_123558.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  20211210_123652.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  459.4 KB