Orchid Care OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Links Nursery

Welcome to OrchidTalk Orchid Forums

The Friendliest Orchid Community on the Internet!

•  » Learn to Repot your Orchids
  •  » Learn Orchid Care Tips and Secrets
  •  » Find the perfect Orchid for your Growing Environment
  •  » Chat with Orchid Growing Professionals

OrchidTalk - "Bringing People Together to Grow Orchids Better!"

Let us help you grow your Orchids better; Join our community today.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Register or Login now to remove this advertisement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Gift For Our Members...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Default A Gift For Our Members...

I have said it many times and I will say it again, I love the FireFox browser! It is secure and updated often and the code is published so that developers can build extensions for the browser. Well, I have been working on an extension and it is now ready for release.

It is called the OrchidTalk Toolbar and it will add tons of function to your internet surfing and especially to your use of the forum here at RVO. I think it will speak for itself, but I will let you decide.

To install the extension, you must be running FireFox 1.5 or later. The install is quick and easy, but pay attention to the instructions. If you decide you don't like it, you can easily uninstall it with a couple clicks of the mouse.

It took several days to put this together and test it. I believe it is bug free, but would love any feedback you have or suggestions for the next update.

For those of you using Internet Explorer: I am sorry, but I don't know if I will be able to do anything for that browser. LOL! Did I mention I love FireFox? If you do not have FireFox, you can download it from the extension page as well. Be sure to download and install FireFox before downloading the OrchidTalk Toolbar Extension. If you are already using FireFox, you can just click on the extension and it will install automatically!

The full description of the new OrchidTalk Orchid Forum Toolbar can be viewed here. This feature is for registered members only. You must be logged into the forum & be active to access the Toolbar downloads page, otherwise you will get the 'no permissions error'. If you are a brand new member, or a member who hasn't posted a few messages, you will not be able to access the page. You must be active to access the downloads page, so say hello and start posting!

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    BD

It didn't open for me.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys47 View Post
    It didn't open for me.
    Hi Gladys,

Can you be more specific? What FireFox version are you using. I have tested it with ever one through 2.0.

Cheers,
    BD

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Be sure you have javascript enabled in your browser. If you do not, it will not let you download the toolbar.

Cheers,
    BD

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Oncidium alliance

I haven't played around with it yet, but it looks great so far! It really makes using the forum so much nicer - before it was really annoying to get back to the main tree of the forum via the lobby.

great!

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hcubed View Post
    I haven't played around with it yet, but it looks great so far! It really makes using the forum so much nicer - before it was really annoying to get back to the main tree of the forum via the lobby.

great!
    Thanks! Please let me know what you think after you use it for awhile. I want to improve it for the next release. I have been using it for a few days and I love it. I can jump around the forum so fast now! Glad to know you were able to download it. I was worried when a few people said that they could not access the download.

Cheers,
    BD

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Catts and Paphs
    Member's Country Flag

I got it to download on my laptop. Still trying to figure out why my other computer won't take it, I think it's my security software.

Thanks, Bruce!

Real Name
    Clint M. Dawley
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleya Alliance
    Member's Country Flag

Default Thanks!

Thanks, Bruce!

I've loved Firefox for a few years now. I got mine downloaded...Nice shortcuts!

My Grow Area
    Windowsill
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Oncidium alliance

If you have any security settings on in firefox you may have to turn them off to do it. For example allowing pop-ups and I forbid mine to install things from foreign servers, so that had to be allowed too. Though mine always tells me when it isn't allowing something.

Real Name
    Bruce Brown
    My Grow Area
    Greenhouse
    Favorite Orchid(s)
    Cattleyas & Slippers
    Member's Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hcubed View Post
    If you have any security settings on in firefox you may have to turn them off to do it. For example allowing pop-ups and I forbid mine to install things from foreign servers, so that had to be allowed too. Though mine always tells me when it isn't allowing something.
    That is funny. A couple of years ago, our server was in Germany. Now it is in California. LOL!

Remember after installing to reset your security settings back to normal again!

Cheers,
    BD